We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Handicapped accessibility

Boston area
1 post
Save Topic
Handicapped accessibility

I will be in Clearwater with my 11 year old son from 4/19-4/23 as he will be participating in a program at Clearwater Marine Aquarium for a few days. Trying to decided where to stay. He can walk limited distances and loves to swim in ocean and pools, We stayed at Sheraton Sand Key a few years ago and I remember the walk to ocean was LONG. What do you know about the Hilton?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,253 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Handicapped accessibility

Sand Key properties do have a good amount of beach between the buildings and the Gulf. Clearwater Beach might be a little bit better (can't say anything specific about the Hilton); however I am going to suggest Indian Rocks Beach which is south of Sand Key and a relatively short drive from the CMA.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Handicapped accessibility

If you mean the distance from the hotel building, accross the beach to the waters edge, the Hilton looks to be about half as long of a walk as the Sheraton. It is also a little bit closer to the aquarium. As a rule, the beach is normally more crowded near the Hilton compared with the Sheraton. Not too crowded, just more active than Sand Key.

3. Re: Handicapped accessibility

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, August 29, 2009