We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Which Clearwater hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh, PA.
4 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants

Any suggestions on a restaurant for a wedding? We are looking for a place where 20-30 people could go for drinks and some dinner...nothing too crazy. We are staying at the Best Western Sea Wake- any ideas about that restaurant? Thanks!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2,917 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

On Sand Key check with The Columbia Restaurant.

www.columbiarestaurant.com/clearwater.asp

On the mainland, check with the Belleview Biltmore.

http://www.belleviewbiltmore.com/

Tampa
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

The best restaurants in Pinellas County are Cafe Ponte and Island Way Grill. Now, Cafe Ponte is in a sort of strip club and sometimes the wait staff can be frustrating, but the food is out of this world. Their website is www.cafeponte.com. (Delta AmEx has triple points there this month). I recommend their Sea bass or Snapper. Ask the staff to recommend a wine as well. This restuarant is off of Ulmerton road I would say 5-10 miles from beach? Check their website for address and map it. This would be my first choice for great food, but not a partying atmosphere (although they do have a piano and a nice bar).

Island Way Grille is owned by Mike Alstott and has a lot of seating. They have an outside bar and patio - which is super nice. The food is glorious and every time I recommend this place people are very pleased. Bring your shades and make reservations - and if you're gonna be outside, wait until the sun goes down - it's getting very warm here in Clearwater already. Island Way is located off Island Way on the way to the beach (SR 60). www.islandwaygrill.com - man I can almost taste the mojito. This would be my recommendation b/c it's close to Clearwater Beach, very close, and has good party type atmosphere and the patio is awesome. You do not have to dress up either.

Don't fall for Rock Island Grill - a lot of people will recommend that place, but I was very disappointed.

Another couple of good places are Roys (off of Spruce - easy to get to from SR 60), Bamboo Club...

Tampa
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

Ok, not strip CLUB, I meant Strip MALL - jeesh, what a mistake...sorry about that (re: Cafe Ponte)

4. Re: Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, August 31, 2009