We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep sea fishing

Elizabeth City...
Level Contributor
735 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Deep sea fishing

Want to go inshore & off shore fishing. Any suggestions on who to use or not to use? Staying in Indian Shores area.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
602 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deep sea fishing

Hubbards Marina at John's Pass (Treasure Island) has been in business for many, many years and offers quite a choice of deep sea fishing. Clearwater Marina (Clearwater Beach) also offers quite a few charter boats. You can also hire private boats, like Doug Hemmer, but they can be quite costly.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deep sea fishing

For the boats out of Clearwater, check here

clearwater-fl.com/gov/…index.asp

Click on Commercial Boat Charters.

The larger party boats are less expensive and are a fun time, but not really for serious fishing. There is about 50plus people onboard and they will go out to a place, you fish for 30-60 minutes, then they'll move to another spot. I have been on them and they are good if you just want to do some fishing.

If you really want to catch nice fish you need one of the charter boats. These normally will go out with the crew (2-3) and only 4-8 anglers. They will fish for what you want, kindof tailor the trip to what the group wants to do/catch. They are more expensive but you really get alot more fish. The only one of these I have been on, and do recommend, is the "Gypsy". I went with a small group of guys from work and we caught grouper, mackeral and kings. We all took home PLENTY. Enough where I gave some away to neighbors!

3. Re: Deep sea fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, August 28, 2009