We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proper sunloungers on beach opposite Hyatt Regency?

Greater London...
6 posts
Proper sunloungers on beach opposite Hyatt Regency?

Hi,

We are staying at the Hyatt Regency hotel in Clearwater for two weeks next May.

We were hoping for some nice lazy days sunbathing on the beach, however I can only see beach chairs, similar to deck chairs, on the beach opposite the hotel and hardly any proper sunloungers that you can lie down fully and sunbathe on.

Can anyone local tell me if you can hire proper sunloungers with parasols on the beach for the day please? Are these available all year round?

Thanks, Kirsten

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
5,233 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Proper sunloungers on beach opposite Hyatt Regency?

Beach bunch. You are quite right. The beach in front of the hyatt regency has only beach chairs. I too would certainly not be happy about that. I like a nice comfy lounger or what's the point.

Weve previously stayed at the sandpearl and walked right up the beach thinking we could have a nice spot there. Because oddly enough, the sandpearls beach has free loungers, but if you need a parasol/umberella, they charge you $20 per day for one! Cabanas are $40.

Something you can't do without in the hot florida sunshine.

Unfortunately we rarely saw anyone use the sunpearls beach because of this charge. Yet the free pools were packed.

Don't know why the SP charge or why the hyatt has only chairs?

Edited: 2:15 pm, November 12, 2017
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Proper sunloungers on beach opposite Hyatt Regency?

The beach loungers on the beach will be similar to this, https://tinyurl.com/yd8pxbb3 .

These are adjustable and will lay flat. Most of the independent rental crews on the beach offer cabanas to allow for better and needed sun blocking. The cost of 2 chairs and a cabana is approx $30/day.

Edited: 2:24 pm, November 12, 2017
Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
92 reviews
3. Re: Proper sunloungers on beach opposite Hyatt Regency?

The beach in front of the SP is a private beach for SP guests only, I would guess this is why there did not seem to be to many people.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
5,233 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: Proper sunloungers on beach opposite Hyatt Regency?

Normandog.. the SP beach remained empty because of the charges it makes to its own guests.

Bob... I don't seem to recall the chairs in front of the hyatt looking like the ones in the link...but more like simple fold up chairs. Unless they have been updated since may.

Edited: 3:09 pm, November 12, 2017
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: Proper sunloungers on beach opposite Hyatt Regency?

They are not. As I mentioned these were from the independent vendors (the people we go to as we dislike the hotel provided equipment) that provide the cabanas and loungers, not those provided by the Hyatt.

Edited: 3:19 pm, November 12, 2017
Greater London...
6 posts
6. Re: Proper sunloungers on beach opposite Hyatt Regency?

Thanks everyone,

So can I confirm that you *can* actually rent proper loungers (such as in Bob's link) with a parasol/umbrella from the independent vendors rather than use the chairs which you can't lie down and sunbathe on directly across from or at least quite close to the Hyatt?

Thanks again!

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
5,233 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: Proper sunloungers on beach opposite Hyatt Regency?

thanks for clearing that up bob. That beach is so stunning so I can imagine people just want to go chill out on a proper sun lounger.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
34 reviews
8. Re: Proper sunloungers on beach opposite Hyatt Regency?

Beachbunch. That is correct. We usually rent south of the Hyatt between the beach house and Opal Sands. At the various locations they will have a board showing the rates. Simply go to the beach and find a empty cabana you like the location of, then get comfortable. The cabana crew member will be around to collect the fee, they accept credit cards.

Edited: 9:12 am, November 13, 2017
Greater London...
6 posts
9. Re: Proper sunloungers on beach opposite Hyatt Regency?

Thanks very much for your help Bob!

10. Re: Proper sunloungers on beach opposite Hyatt Regency?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, November 15, 2018