We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yikes.

Which Clearwater hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh, PA.
4 posts
Save Topic
Yikes.

My boyfriend and I (and parents and friends) are heading down to Clearwater Beach the first week of September 2007. We are getting married on the beach at Sand Key Park. The wedding is already a done deal and now we are searching for hotels. Shephard's has so far seemed the most appealing to us (late 20s-early 30s crowd.) Some of the reviews have indicated that it's dirty and the service is bad. I really want to enjoy the danceclubs, restaurants, etc, but this IS my honeymoon. We are somewhat on a budget- no Marriott for us- but I do want something decent. Any suggestions?

ohio
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yikes.

We stay at the Gulfview Beach Resort (old Ramada). It is right next door to Shephards, so you can enjoy the tiki bar and dance club but can get away from it. The Gulfview has and still is going throught removations. The rooms are fantastic. They have Jimmy Iguanas restaurant on the premises and right on the water. Good tiki bar too. Within walking distance to everything. Hope this helps and congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Chicago,IL
Level Contributor
67 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yikes.

My husband & I have stayed at Shepards a couple of times. It is a lot of fun if you are looking for nightlife and younger people. They have live music &/or a great DJ almost every night. There is a mix of people but most are in their 20/30s. I don't know that I would choose it for my honeymoon as there won't be anywhere that is conducive to alone or quiet time but if fun is what you are looking for it is great. They have a very small private beach and a party atmosphere on Sundays during the day when all the boaters come in to party.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yikes.

It's the type of place where my marriage might not last too long...

:>))

New Y ork
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yikes.

I am getting married at Sand Key as well (next month). WE are staying at the Marriott for a few days, (honeymoon is elsewhere), however, my guests are staying at the Best Western which is right over the bridge. I have checked out the hotel and its very decent, they have a pool right on the beach, its not a huge beach, but it will do, at night you could totally walk down to Shepards if you would like, but I am not so sure I would actually stay at Shepards if it were my honeymoon, its more of a party atmosphere.

florida
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yikes.

Shephards is known for it party atmosphere, so it might be a great choice or you. If you are looking for something quiter, or you might try the Barefoot Inn, completley quiet and cheap on Clearwater Beach.There is the Shereton on Sand Key but I haven't stayed there in years so I on't know what it is like. The Palm pavillion also has a hotel, which is attached to its restaurant/bar which might be fun. and its really close to Rockawaya and Shipwreck two popular local bars.

Pittsburgh, PA.
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Yikes.

Thank you all so much! We decided on the Best Western Sea Wake- it's a little quieter and it is our honeymoon. :)

7. Re: Yikes.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, August 29, 2009