We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clearwater Beach / Tampa Area - Over 30 Nightlife

Which Clearwater hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CT
5 posts
Save Topic
Clearwater Beach / Tampa Area - Over 30 Nightlife

Some friends and I are heading to Clearwater Beach for some golf and spring training baseball in early March 2007. Any recommendations for the over thirty crowd would be appreciated. We're looking for bars, clubs, restaurants, ect., that are pretty hopping and not boring but not full of 20 year old spring breakers.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
40 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clearwater Beach / Tampa Area - Over 30 Nightlife

I live here and I'd like to hear that answer too.

Try Downtown Dunedin, the next city north a quick 10 minute ride from Clearwater Beach. They have redeveloped downtown and there are some good restaurants, an Irish Pub, Skips a bit of a hole in the wall but a well established and well regarded hole in the wall.

There are some places on US 19, the main N-S road in the county. Gasoline Alley. There is a club in the Feather Sound area, but frankly Stormins sees a lot of drunk 20 year olds.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
602 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clearwater Beach / Tampa Area - Over 30 Nightlife

If you have a rental car, we like going to Channelside in Tampa. Outdoor entertainment, several bars and nice restaurants, and I think a bit of an "older" crowd. Of course, it also attracts families with young children, but we don't tend to see the 20-something crowd that Stormins, Shephards, and Ybor City attract.

Clearwater, FL
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clearwater Beach / Tampa Area - Over 30 Nightlife

I will basically second both of the previous posts. I am actually having about 8 grilfriends from college in town this weekend (ages 28-32) and we will be going to dinner at Island Way Grill (trendy restaurant with a nice outdoor area on the intercoastal and bar), then we will hit Frenchy's on Clearwater Beach (the main Frenchy's) they have a diverse crowd and good live music/bar scene. And finally we will end the night in downtown Duniden. In addition to the Irish pub, and restaurants, there is also a pretty cool Martini Bar with an outdoor (beer-gardenish) area (when you walk in it looks very small so go out the back door to a big patio area). Anyway, those are your more local choices.

Then if you want to drive a bit (about 30 minutes from Clearwater Beach area) you can hit Channelside. This is an area with great restaurants and bars and for an older crowd, kind of like Ybor for the 25+ crowd.

CT
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Clearwater Beach / Tampa Area - Over 30 Nightlife

Thanks all for the tips. We'll have to try downtown Dunedin. Ts1fsu- I'll keep my eye out for you and your friends.....

ct
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Clearwater Beach / Tampa Area - Over 30 Nightlife

Hey Chris, just wondering if you received my check? I was balancing my checkbook last night and $85 came up as a reconciling item.

Looking forward to Thursday.

BTW can you pick me up at my parents house? Unless you need me to drive then I will pick you up. Not sure if everyone will fit into the Civic but we can try.

R

ct
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Clearwater Beach / Tampa Area - Over 30 Nightlife

Hey Chris, just wondering if you received my check? I was balancing my checkbook last night and $85 came up as a reconciling item.

Looking forward to Thursday.

BTW can you pick me up at my parents house? Unless you need me to drive then I will pick you up. Not sure if everyone will fit into the Civic but we can try.

R

CT
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Clearwater Beach / Tampa Area - Over 30 Nightlife

Techschoolgrad,

You are messed up.

8. Re: Clearwater Beach / Tampa Area - Over 30 Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 25, 2009