We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cedar Key Restaurants

St. Augustine
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cedar Key Restaurants

Hello! My boyfriend and I are planning a return trip to Cedar Key in a few weeks. I want to make sure the restaurants we enjoyed last time are just as good. Can anyone comment on the restaurant on 2nd street (they had just opened last year when we went and it's on a corner w/ amazing floor to ceiling picture windows) and the restaurant on Dock Street that has a screened patio on the water and I think there was a bar downstairs (Depot something maybe?) Sorry for being so vague, we had such a great time but can't really remember the names.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,817 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cedar Key Restaurants

you can go on line to cedar key chamber of commerce and they have a list if restaurants. We go every year to the seafood festival in october, we're in the parade, we are the "crab crew". Our favorite place is the Blue Desert Cafe, it is just over the bridge coming into town, a small little place that has the best shrimp pizza ever and great wine and oysters. We also go to Frogs Landing and Captains Table on the dock. Enjoy Cedar Key as it is quickly changing, you will notice a huge new development in the town area that will be a condo, marina and hotel, sad really. Where are you staying?

St. Augustine
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cedar Key Restaurants

Yes, we LOVED Blue Desert Cafe and defenitely plan to return. We're staying in the Marigold House which is the yellow 2 story stilt house in the row of all the other pastel stilt houses. I wonder if Captain's Table is the place I was thinking of. It had such a great crab sandwich on a croissant that I can't wait to have again. Thanks for the help!

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,817 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cedar Key Restaurants

LRSJMD -That is so funny, we have both down stairs and upstairs at the Merigold House rented for the weekend of the Seafood festival in October. Did you rent from Erin? Please e-mail at NLowers@keenebros.com then you return and let me know how you liked it. We always stay at the Harbour Master Suites which is just wonderful, check it out, it is on Dock Street. We've been staying there for the last six years, we have three suites rented there every year but we needed more space so we rented the Merigold House for two other couples. You should try and come during the festival, it is a blast! You probably do mean the Captains table, it has the huge windows upstairs and it also has a little pier to walk out on. Also, the the Rusty Rim Pub, it's cool too. There is suppose to be a new bar open, it use to be a little snack shop, across from the Harbour Master, in fact that is where Erin works, cant wait to check that out. Let me know, have fun!

St. Augustine
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cedar Key Restaurants

That is funny! Yep, I've been in touch with Erin to reserve the house. We booked the top floor - Sailor's Delight. I will defenitely email you when we return. We've thought about coming for the Seafood Festival. I'm glad to hear you enjoy it so much. I'll check out the new bar and let you know about that too. Thanks!

St. Augustine
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cedar Key Restaurants

RustyKat - Did you notice Erin no longer works for The Marigold House and the price has increased significantly? I just tried calling but got no answer or machine. I will let you know what I find out. I hope they don't raise the price on me at the last minute.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,817 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cedar Key Restaurants

No, I have not heard that, how did you find that out? Is it on their website, I go and check now. Yes, please let me know what is up, I would think they would have to honor our reservations at the price that they quoted us.

St. Augustine
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cedar Key Restaurants

I spoke to Erin last week to confirm our reservation and she told me she was let go. And then today on their website I saw the price increase. I'm still trying to get in touch with someone and will let you know what I find out. But I agree, they need to honor our agreement.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,817 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cedar Key Restaurants

I also went on the website and saw they increased it by 20.00 a night. I too tried to call and there was no answer, I will try again later. We were suppose to pick keys up from Erin at the little bar that she worked at, wonder where we get them now?

St. Augustine
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Cedar Key Restaurants

My boyfriend finally got in touch with somebody - apparently the phone line was down. Gail is the new contact and she works at a gift shop in town (Rustic Woods?). However, he did not discuss the rate.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,817 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cedar Key Restaurants

Ok, great, I will call again, I appreciate you letting me know about this.

Get answers to your questions about Cedar Key