We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CapeCoralRentalHouses.com

Which Cape Coral hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Central IL
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
CapeCoralRentalHouses.com

Found some listings for this site on vrbo/HomeAway. No reviews, and it seems it may have some German ownership origins. I'm always leery about no reviews. This is a long awaited honeymoon (quadruplets will do that:) and I'm taking no chances. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
206 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CapeCoralRentalHouses.com

This site looks like a clearing house for rentals, which in itself is not bad. Houses look nice, especially in an area of modest houses like Cape Coral

Renting any house has no gaurantees, and a house having no reviews should not be a deal breaker.

It is comforting to have a local contact, though.

Want a house in a small fishing village and on the water? Try Matlacha, just west of Cape Coral. We stayed at VRBO #297719.

Central IL
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CapeCoralRentalHouses.com

Thanks for the response.

Yes, you're right-shouldn't be a deal breaker. Just trying to be as cautious as possible. We rented a home two years ago in Manasota Key with absolutely no reviews and it was beautiful. Just nerve wracking sending your money off to an unknown source and hoping for the best:)

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
497 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CapeCoralRentalHouses.com

in this case, Cape Coral is not where you want to be. Lee county Fl. esp the Cape was hit harder than anywhere in the nation with the mortgage mess. The Cape is a hot mess and many properties were bought by germans who come in the winter and rent in the summer, and I have heard not so great things as the rental management have too mANY RENTALS TODEAL WITH WELL.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CapeCoralRentalHouses.com

Why are you going to Cape Coral? It is not even near the beach. There are so many beautiful places in Florida where you could get a nice beach house for your honeymoon

Brooksville, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
358 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CapeCoralRentalHouses.com

Cape Coral is a residential bedroom community, not where I would pick for my honeymoon vacation. I have lived here since 2001, on a direct access canal with a pool. Most of the rentals are just that. If you want to go to the beach you'll have to drive to Sanibel or Ft. Myers. I would suggest looking at Sanibel if you enjoy the outdoors, wildlife and a quieter stay. Once you are on the island no need to leave, you can bike most everywhere. Ft. Myers Beach has more highrises and nightlife. Again once you are there, no need to leave.

Cape Coral, Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: CapeCoralRentalHouses.com

Cape Coral is close enough to everything you want to do and there are some great rental homes there, stay close to the mid point bridge(veterans parkway) and you can get around just fine.

You can get a good pool home at a good price.

However I would stick to homes with reviews and some local ownership or at least property management of you can,

Good luck and enjoy the long overdue honeymoon.

london
Level Contributor
97 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CapeCoralRentalHouses.com

I think Cape coral is a great place to vacation. Have a look at the smaller agencies like Osprey villas. We have used them 4 times and not had any problems and the manager comes round on the first morning to introduce herself and make sure you are happy. They rent houses with boats but you can always ask for a price with out the boat, I did when I went with my mum cos she didn't want to go boating and we got a very good price for a lovely villa without the boat.

Also there are no extras with Osprey villas as the price is all inclusive of bills. No nasty surprises.

http://ospreyvillas.com/

Enjoy!

Amherst, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CapeCoralRentalHouses.com

Did anyone find out anything more on this site, I as well am just about to rent from them and then I stumbled upon this.... so, now I'm curious.

Thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,290 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CapeCoralRentalHouses.com

Still not heard of them, except here.

But again, if looking for a beach holiday- this isn't the place. A boating holiday maybe?

Maple, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: CapeCoralRentalHouses.com

Hi, I am also about to rent from them. Have you been on your vacation yet? or heard anything I should know about this company?

Get answers to your questions about Cape Coral