We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March 2014 somewhere other than Cape Coral?

Ontario
Level Contributor
424 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
March 2014 somewhere other than Cape Coral?

My husband and I spent January 2012 and January & February 2013 in Cape Coral. We love it there and have already re-booked for Jan. & Feb. 2014. While we are not boaters, we golf and do day trips to Fort Myers Beach, Sanibel, and Naples. We rent a private home with a pool and find Cape Coral lovely and the prices affordable (compared to FMB, etc.).

We have decided to stay next year for the month of March as well. Our rental home in Cape Coral is not available. I've spent a lot of time looking for something else in Cape Coral, but I'm now wondering if our 3rd month would be better spent elsewhere?

So I'm looking for recommendations from those "in the know" for a good city to spend March in.

My husband insists on a home (not a condo or apartment) with a pool. I absolutely love the beach, but Fort Myers Beach is way out of our price range. Should we stick with Cape Coral or venture somewhere else?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions & advice!

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March 2014 somewhere other than Cape Coral?

I would check vrbo.com and homeaway.com for what you want, Gulf Coast with Pool.?

Ontario
Level Contributor
424 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March 2014 somewhere other than Cape Coral?

I've done exactly that, plus many other sites as well. But not being familiar with any rental property areas other than Cape Coral, I'm hoping for some feedback from the members here about where to focus my search. Thanks for the advice though. :)

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
606 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March 2014 somewhere other than Cape Coral?

You want to stay in Lee County? If not, look into Venice or Englewood area.

WI
Level Contributor
5 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March 2014 somewhere other than Cape Coral?

West Bradenton perhaps? We stayed at Anna Maria Island last year and loved it. We were supposed to go back this year but the rental agent we worked with scammed us and 30 other families. DO NOT work with Michael Carleton or Coastline Accommodations. We tried to find an alternate rental on West Bradenton but couldn't get one at such short notice.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
180 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: March 2014 somewhere other than Cape Coral?

Hello,

I am from Ontario too. A group of 6 of us are looking at going south for New Yr's week. Originally looked at FMB area, but it is pricey. Came across Cape Coral.....is it as nice as it looks? Is any area of it better than others?

The homes and pools all look so nice I don't think we will mind not being within walking distance of the beach.

Thanks for any info you have.

Cape Coral, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: March 2014 somewhere other than Cape Coral?

Just a thought but should you decide to return to the Cape you may want to look into a day trip to the Keys. Right over the bridge into Fort Myers there is a place called Key West Express that takes the hassle out of the drive while you relax and then take in the sights of Key West.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
262 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: March 2014 somewhere other than Cape Coral?

Hi, Canadian too!

We stayed two weeks on Anna Maria Island Jan 2013 and one week on Ft Myers Beach in condos. We rented through Island Realty on Anna Maria Island. No problems. We loved Anna Maria Island and are looking to go back to the same area in 2014. I am on VRBO and HomeAway etc. looking at Bradenton and Punta Gorda. We spent some time visiting friends in that area while we were in Fl. We would be happy in either of those cities. Fort Myers Beach was nice but too busy for us.

Johnstone, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: March 2014 somewhere other than Cape Coral?

Hi, I am planning a trip and have our flights booked for next week, we are looking at 3 areas in cape coral, never been before stayed in Rotonda previously, I see you love the area, where was your villa, we have options at NE 6th Ave / SE 13th Street and Surfside Boulevard, your help would be appreciated.

Regards

Jenny

9. Re: March 2014 somewhere other than Cape Coral?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 20, 2014