We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Coral villa rental

Which Cape Coral hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
5 posts
Save Topic
Cape Coral villa rental

We are planning a special holiday to Cape Coral next april/May for my husband's retirement. Unfortunately we were caught out last year with a villa in Spain and would like to know of reputable places to rent from, and how we can check that they are legitimate sites. Hate to sound cynical but we lost a lot of money last year and very wary.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Cape Coral villa rental

We spent a week in Cape Coral in October at a fabulous Vacation Rental Home that was reasonably priced and totally exceeded our expectations ... in fact we have a pending review of the home on Trip Advisor. You can visit the owners' website for more detail and if you happen to contact the owners, let them know Brian and Linda passed the information along to you.

www.luxurycapecoralvilla.com/index.html

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,646 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Cape Coral villa rental

I havent' rented in cape coral, but I find posts like Annie1955's odd. I have rented villas all over the world (and the USA) and I have generally had good experiences. Esp thrur large established companies like VRBO, Homeaway , holidayrentals and owners direct.

But I wouldn't join a group like TA just to advise others never to rent villas anywhere or just in cape coral like they seem to have.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Cape Coral villa rental

Sorry amanx found my posting odd. We travel the world too and the villa in cape coral was truely the worst accomodation we have stayed in. We saw it on homeaway so we did get it from a well known website. As a wheelchair user when things are not right, they affect me so much more than they would non disabled people and I think it is appropriate to flag up instances like this on TA so please do not minimise the experience I went through and many thanks to other posters who understand what I went through

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,646 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Cape Coral villa rental

Annie, I find it odd you joined just to complain. And to put peopple off renting villas at all.

I don't find it odd that you underwent a horrific experieince and want some or all of your money back. From the sount of things, your experience was truly awful.

You would have found your time better spent while you were there in reporting the villa owners and managment company to the county authorities.

Villa owners must have a licence to rent STR, and they have to comply with certain things. And have yearly fire inspections etc. Sounds as if they would not meet the meet the code in your case (missing fire extinguisher and dangling alarm), so I would have taken pictures and threatened to turn them over to the authorities if they don't give you your money back.In fact, if you have the photos do so now by all means.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Cape Coral villa rental

Yes we did send the management company lots of photos and said I would let the authorities know if we did not get a refund. Unfortunately it did not work and they said they were well in with the authorities and told me to go ahead. Still haven't got any refund, but will take your advice and will report them after all.

Trip advisor is a useful tool to let other people know experiences good and bad and negative comments are just as valid as positive ones. We usually stay at Lovers Key in Fort Myers and so will continue to go there asCape Coral has too many bad memories for us. But lots of other people stay in lovely villas and have a great time, but we can't take that chance.

26. Re: Cape Coral villa rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, May 31, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Cape Coral