We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from CC vacation-L&L Cruises is a MUST DO!

Longview, Texas
Level Contributor
56 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned from CC vacation-L&L Cruises is a MUST DO!

When you find something great, you like to share it.

I was so tired of being herded like cattle on hot, overcrowded tourist charters. My children have always enjoyed them, but we get tired of fighting the lines, the heat, and some of the other tourists :)~

This time in SW Florida, we met up with my parents. I decided to look into the possibility of renting our own PRIVATE charter. The first couple calls/websites were showing them to be around $400-$500, minimum. I don't remember how I found Captain Ron Luck, but I'm glad I did. They have a simple website at www.llcruises.com. He was able to arrange a private charter for me & my family for only $200! It was an easy pick up at Cape Harbour, next to Rumrunners Restaurant. This was a 5 hour trip to and from Captiva Island. Captain Ron's boat is clean (looks brand new!) and so comfortable. He has two bimini tops that can be opened to provide shelter from the sun in necessary. He was extremely knowledgeable about the area and it's history...he entertained us with his past travels and factoids all the way there and back! We thought he was a fantastic guy! On the way there, he pointed out the islands and native wildlife. We had several pods of dolphins within a couple feet from the boat! Once we arrived at Captiva, we were allowed to disembark and walk up and down the oceanfront. We spent an hour or two swimming, then we headed back onto the boat for lunch (which we packed and brought with us). He furnished a full cooler of ice for keeping our drinks and food cool. He does offer the option to disembark at island restaurants, if you don't mind spending lots of $$$ for lunch there.

This was one of the best things I've ever done on a vacation. It is so much better having a private boat just for your family, and the knowledge of an area local to guide you. If you ever considered a private charter, you owe it to your family to try this! This was the highlight of our vacation and I know our boys won't soon forget our trip!

I HIGHLY recommend L&L Cruises. I am not related to these people, and I had not met the Captain until we set sail. Feel free to email if you want to ask me anything about this cruise or my experience! gordnfn717@sbcglobal.net

If you would like to contact L&L Cruises to inquire or set up your own charter, you can reach Captain Ron Luck at 941-456-0036. You won't regret it!

K. Nelson

Tripadvisor member

Mentioned in this post
Captiva Island
Captiva Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Northern Ireland
Destination Expert
for Rotonda West
Level Contributor
754 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from CC vacation-L&L Cruises is a MUST DO!

K,

Read your post and immediately emailed Captain Ron. Have now booked to go on a 1/2 trip to Cabbage Key on MOnday of this incoming week and can't wait! Really glad I read your post - we are all looking forward to it, and also the fact that he will do to our specification rather than a standard cruise!

Thanks for the tip! Will be passing on to all my renters also!

Rosiebabe

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
655 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from CC vacation-L&L Cruises is a MUST DO!

If you are brave you can rent your own boat..experience is not essential! we love this area of the world for boating! and you are almost guaranteed to see dolphins! we have even seen a manatee!

3. Re: Just returned from CC vacation-L&L Cruises is a MUST DO!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 18, 2010