We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day visit to Kennedy Space Center. Where to Stay?

Mexico City
2 posts
Save Topic
1 day visit to Kennedy Space Center. Where to Stay?

Family of 3, dirivng from Orlando to South Beach on Sept.12 but want to spent 1 day at Kennedy Space Center (KSC) in Cape Canaveral. I heard it is a 4 hour drive so we thought on staying at some good place on our way. A recommendation will be appreciated. Targert is a 4star, although we'll just sleep in the place, we want a clean nice place. By the way, do youy know at what time the KSC closes?

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day visit to Kennedy Space Center. Where to Stay?

KSC is open until 6. Here is there web site. www.kennedyspacecenter.com/visitKSC/index.asp

I am not sure where you mean that is a 4 hour drive, Orlando to South Beach is no more than 3 hours.

As far as the hotel what area do you want? KSC is in Brevard County and there are some nice properties here but no 4 star. Give me a little more details and I will try to help.

Mexico City
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 day visit to Kennedy Space Center. Where to Stay?

Tks for the input psbcap. If KSC closes at 6PM and it is only a 3 hr. drive to South Beach maybe I forget about spending a night in the middle of the way. But if I feel tired and want to split the driving, I'd like a good place to rest. Lets forget about the stars, ...a clean hotel with great reputation as close as possible to KSC. Tks again.

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 day visit to Kennedy Space Center. Where to Stay?

Cocoa Beach is very close and has all the Majors and any are nice. Hilton, Doubletree, etc.

Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 day visit to Kennedy Space Center. Where to Stay?

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Titusville. It was a nice place, and there is a Cracker Barrel restaurant right beside it. It was a fairly short drive to the Space Center...maybe 15-20 minutes. Plus, the hotel gives you a coupon for the Space Center...even though it's only a few dollars off (around $3 or so). Hope this helps.

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 day visit to Kennedy Space Center. Where to Stay?

There is nothing wrong with Titusville, however if you are comming from Mexico City why not stay on the beach?

Western Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 day visit to Kennedy Space Center. Where to Stay?

I also would like a reccommendation for somewhere nice to stay while visting KSC. We want somewhere for 2 nights as we will be arriving in the Mid-afternoon, coming from Disneyworld, and plan on going to KSC the nest day for the whole day. I would like somewhere nice, close to KSC but also if the beach is not too far away, this would be an excellant option. But we are a family of five.

Any reccomendations??

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,958 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 day visit to Kennedy Space Center. Where to Stay?

KSC is at worst an hour away from Orlando (I'm an hour and a half from Orlando, and can be at KSC in two and a half) --

KSC is very isolated (it's in the middle of a military base -- and abuts Patrick Air Force Base), so Cocoa Beach or Titusville are your only options to be nearby.

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 day visit to Kennedy Space Center. Where to Stay?

Suthy when you head east to the beach, you will come on Highway 528 also known as the Beachline. it dead ends in Cape Canaveral and turns into Highway A1A. The road curves south and parallel's the ocean going through Cocoa beach.

Anywhere you elect to stay in either of those towns will have you only about an hour or less from KSC.

All of the big hotel chains are here or you might enjoy Ron Jon's resort in Cape Canaveral as it offers much for the kids.

Whatever you decide to do please come and enjoy the hospitality of Florida, and be ready to be amazed with the space center.

If you send me an e mail address I will send you some amazing photos of the cape.

psb@calloneonline.com

9. Re: 1 day visit to Kennedy Space Center. Where to Stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, August 20, 2009