We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easiest Way from Miami airport to Cruise/Port Canaveral

Which Cape Canaveral hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oakland, California
Level Contributor
50 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Easiest Way from Miami airport to Cruise/Port Canaveral

Flying with my family (myself, my husband, my sons ages 3 and 6) into Miami at the end of Sept for a cruise out of Port Canaveral. We arrive at 6am and our cruise departs the same day. We understand its about a 3.5 hour drive (we are going to Disney for a couple days after the cruise) looking for your opinions of what's the best way to tackle this.

Rental car? Shuttle?

Thanks!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,881 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easiest Way from Miami airport to Cruise/Port Canaveral

I am pretty certain a one way car rental is your best option. Just be sure the company you choose has no "one way drop off" charges ( most companies in Florida shouldn't. You might check in the Port Canaveral Forum as to which rental car firms are at the Port as every major rental firm is represented in Miami , so you can chose from every possible company at this end- but probably not so many are set up at the other end to receive your car as it is a much smaller market..

Yo will need another rental car for your Disney trip at he end as I don't think there is good transportation from the Port to Disney otherwise., but again the Port Canaveral posters can help with specifics.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,372 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easiest Way from Miami airport to Cruise/Port Canaveral

Im with Lulu but suggest the one way rental car is your only option.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,530 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easiest Way from Miami airport to Cruise/Port Canaveral

With a family, the car is your best option. Although you could fly from MIA to MCO in Orlando, which is only 45 minutes shuttle ride from Port Canaveral, the added cost would be far more than driving. There are also bus and train options, mostly through downtown Miami and Orlando, but those would be inconvenient and also costly for a family of four.

Rental car companies serving the port are: Avis, Budget, Dollar/Thrifty, Enterprise/Alamo/National, Hertz, and Payless. All have offices in Cape Canaveral with free shuttle service to the port's cruise terminals. There are dozens of hotels nearby -- some only 5 minutes away -- in Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach.

Upon return, there are dozens of shuttle companies that serve the route between the port and both MCO and the theme parks, including Disney.

Edited: 12:04 pm, August 31, 2013
Boston...
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easiest Way from Miami airport to Cruise/Port Canaveral

If your cruise is out of Port Canaveral, I don't know why you wouldn't just fly into Orlando instead of Miami

5. Re: Easiest Way from Miami airport to Cruise/Port Canaveral

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, May 21, 2015