We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mancation at the Ron Jon

Glen Rock...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mancation at the Ron Jon

Myself and 4 of my brothers/friends are headed to the Ron Jon on Sept 10th-17th 2011. Looking for some advice on things to do, in particular: golf, restaurants, bars, jet ski's, etc..

Thanks for replies!!

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mancation at the Ron Jon

Its all here. Nightlife is at the port. portcanaveral.org. Do a google search of Brevard County and Cocoa Beach.

Preston

Glen Rock...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mancation at the Ron Jon

Thanks for the info!!

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,269 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mancation at the Ron Jon

Look at www.floridatoday.com. There is a lifestyle or entertainment section, the Zap Squad reviews bars / restaurants in the area. Check out Baytree for golf. There are several municipal courses around too. Lots of bars / restaurants at the port and all thru Cocoa Beach. Google jet ski rentals, not sure if Ron Jons rents them but there are a few marinas that do. Check out Cocoa Beach Pier too. Here is a link to one site that may help: http://www.cocoabeach.com/index1.shtml

If you feel like making a day trip Orlando is only 1 hour, Sebastian Inlet is worth a trip, check out Captain Hirams in Sebastian. www.captainhirams.com

Baltimore
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mancation at the Ron Jon

Good suggestion...a day trip to Orlando sounds like a great idea!

GA
Level Contributor
44 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mancation at the Ron Jon

We are also going that SAME week thru our inlaws RCI timeshare. Bringing our then 3 year old and looking foward to checking out the nasa stuff. thats my extent of research so far. Just came here today to look around for ideas.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
685 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mancation at the Ron Jon

Cocoa Beach CC is closest to the Ron Jon area. S on A1A, right on Minute Man dead ends into the course. CBCC is muni golf. But, it's nearby, the price is right, and the sun will be shining.

Royal Oak, Great Outdoors and Walkabout are all N towards Titusville and enjoyable. To the south, I like Turtle Creek.

A good seafood stop nearby Ron Jon is Florida Seafood on 520, south side just short of the bridge.

I agree that the Port has a lot of great options with the Tiki Bar, Grills, Miliken's and Rusty's. You might consider driving 15 minutes to Grill's Riverside. It's new, on the river with a great deck. Live music every night and a very popular place. Take A1A south of Patrick AFB, turn right on route 404 Pineda Causeway. At US 1, exit north, Grills is on the right.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mancation at the Ron Jon

Wow Stumpworks, Thanks! Thats great info! I'm one of the guys going on this trip, so Mandy, we'll see you there! :)

8. Re: Mancation at the Ron Jon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 09, 2012