We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Port to Vero Beach and return

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Port to Vero Beach and return

Booked on the NCL Gem, arriving Dec 24 and want to rent a car for the one day I will be in Florida to drive to Vero Beach to visit my father in a nursing home.

Anything other than cars at Melbourne Airport? or Orlando? I only have about 10 hours on this one day stop in Florida.

Thanks.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,889 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Port to Vero Beach and return

Try these sites.

www.avis.com

Avis - Cape Canaveral - P3F

6650 N Atlantic Ave, (services Port Canaveral), Cape Canaveral, FL 32920 , U S A

(1) 321-783-3643

Sun 07:30AM-04:00PM; Mon-Fri 07:30AM-06:00PM; Sat 07:30AM-04:00PM

Click for moreAdditional DriverAdditional InformationAgeBorder Crossing PolicyChauffeur DriveCredit CardCurrency InformationDrivers LicenceInsuranceOne way InformationSpecial EquipmentSurchargesTaxDirection from LocationDirections to LocationDriving MapWeather Make Reservation »

www.budget.com

8401 ASTRONAUT BLVD.

CAPE CANAVERAL, FL 32920 US

Location code CC5

pick-up service available

Palm Coast, Florida
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Port to Vero Beach and return

Yes rent a car. Hertz, Avis, Budget, Thrifty and Enterprise will all pick you up at the ship. The all have locations just minutes away. You may already know the area but if not it is a great drive down the beach to Vero. About an hour or so. I would suggest a convertable if the weather is right. Upon your return they will take you back to your ship.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
15,889 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Port to Vero Beach and return

If you want the scenic route you can take A1A all the way to Vero Beach. It will just take longer than I-95 with all the traffic lights and speed in most of Brevard county is only about 35 to 45 at the most.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Port to Vero Beach and return

Thanks very much. I will try these.

5. Re: Transportation from Port to Vero Beach and return

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, September 09, 2009