We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

park or place to walk

Which Brandon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada, Kentucky
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
park or place to walk

Hi all..Mr.C and KMurphy..I just went back and looked at my questions from a while ago.

well, it is March and i drove down to Fla and am in Brandon at Homestead suites..

and my friends are staying at Homewood..

Thanks for all your recommendations..

Homestead's prices have gone down even more.. they are

$65.00 a night for a room with full fridge and counter stove and queen bed.. The room is very small..but not too bad.. does not smell bad anyhow.. the closet door does not work all that well, but at this price, i am thrilled.!! I think housekeeping once a week is free..and more than that involves more expense.

i am tidy so will not go for it while here for a couple weeks.

ok ..my QUESTION; my friends wanted me to take them to some nice places to walk.. they like to stride out.

On the Maps, Brandon does not look half as busy and built up as it is.. I was shocked.. I expected for some reason to find a place which was not so busy at all.

It is Sunday and the traffic is steady and like rush hour to this farm girl.. i had some adjusting to do.

so, needed from you locals, some nice park like places to walk.

oh yes, near Falkenburg Road.. or off Brandon Blvd E.

thanks

alice

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: park or place to walk

Ah, yes, Alice, Brandon has grown ten-fold, maybe more in the last 25 years. You will find traffic mainly on the East/West roads. The three main ones are Hwy 60 where you are, Lumsden Rd - 1 mile S. of Hwy 60, and Bloomingdale Ave - 2 miles S. of Lumsden. So if you walk on any of the North/South roads you will have less traffic whizzing by.

The best direction to walk other than going to a park, would be to go South on Falkenburg up to Lumsden. It isn't so built up along that part of Falkenburg yet.

Take any of the roads off that part of Falk. to the West - there are 2 of them, Palm River Road - the one your hotel is on, and Delaney Creek Blvd. But those are less than a mile and come out on busy Hwy 301.

Another option would be from where your friends are in Homestead Suites, go further North on Grand Regency Blvd to Woodberry Rd, but that is only half mile. Or instead of going up to Woodberry you could stay on GRBlvd and keep going right which will take you in a circle around the Regency strip mall and bring you back out on Hwy 60. I've never been there so don't know how built up it is. You might want to drive it first to see if it is walkable.

Walking along Lumsden (also called Causeway Blvd) East from Falk. is not all that bad during non-rush hour even though it is all built up. It will take you past some eating places you might like to try.

2. Re: park or place to walk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:23 am, October 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Brandon
Recent Conversations