We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Sun House - Wedding reception?

Which Bradenton Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sarasota, Florida
1 post
Save Topic
The Sun House - Wedding reception?

Has anybody been to or had a wedding reception at the Sun House?

Or even just dinner?

We're considering having our wedding there next year.

We thought about the Beach House, but I hate the idea of having a reception with a bunch of strangers eating right next to us... or, as is so often the case, TWO weddings going on at once.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,777 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Sun House - Wedding reception?

I have not seen a wedding reception at the Sunhouse but I have eaten there many times and it is one of my favoriye places on the island. The food is very good with a little tropical spin on it. It is bright and welcoming. I think it could work for you.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Sun House - Wedding reception?

Where would the best place to stay for 3 weeks near hear for a 3 week holiday with a party of 14. I have decided I would love to be married on the Island but don't know where to start.

AMI sounds great its just finding the best place close to the beach, central with a pool and where the best plave to get married on AMI

Edited: 3:33 pm, November 02, 2010
Anna Maria Island
Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Sun House - Wedding reception?

Hi!

The Sun House is a beautiful place to have a wedding reception! I have attended a bridal shower there and it was fabulous. The food is delicious and it is seperated from the public dining area.

Regards,

BeachBumsAMI

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Sun House - Wedding reception?

Thanks for your response! all help is very much appricated and needed:)

Do you know of any accomodation on the beach in this area we are staying for 3 weeks, I really loved the Cedars Cove but there is no pool and with 4 children and 2 teenagers think a pool is needed. Loved the look of the place and the location looked fab. We are travelling from Scotland so really want to feel we are in Florida and not anywhere in Europe, hope this makes sense. The old florida feel is what I am looking for, we also want some home comforts. Somewhere we can all kick back and enjoy being together but also have our own space, we would love to habe outside BBQ's hate the idea of high rised buildings and love the idea of th Island trolley. This is a really special holiday so realy want to get the location perfect.

I also have more family coming over for 2 weeks they are staying in Orlando for 1 and coming down for another to the coast.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
568 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Sun House - Wedding reception?

Sandcastle is a nice condo complex directly across the street from Sun House. It is directly on the beach.

The south of that is a place on the beach called Linger Longer.

Have you seen the Gulf Drive Cafe's Tiki reception area? Worth a look for sure!

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,777 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Sun House - Wedding reception?

I would also try La Costa Condo's, right on the beach and very beautiful.

If you really like the "Old Florida" Style, check out the Blue Dolphin Inn, it is located on the north end of the beach, very tropical and a short distance to walk to the piers and to Bean Pointe. We stayed in the three bedroom and it was so great. It has a small pool and grilling area also.

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,957 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Sun House - Wedding reception?

I sent you a PM ...

You can check and see if La Costa is right for you or try Blue Dolphin or Harrington House for Old Florida Charme...

here is the link again: www.vrbo.com/325171

Have fun either way!

8. Re: The Sun House - Wedding reception?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 05, 2011