We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Runaway Bay and walks to the beach.

Dalton, Georgia
5 posts
Save Topic
Runaway Bay and walks to the beach.

we are staying at runaway bay for the first time. How far will we have to walk to the beach? Will it be difficult with two children. Also does anyone know if there are chairs on the beach to rent for the week. Thanks

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Runaway Bay and walks to the beach.

Plug in the address in Google Maps and you'll see how far from the beach. Most visitors find it better to buy beach chairs and if they don't want to carry them back home simply leave it in the house.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Runaway Bay and walks to the beach.

I believe that's right across the street from the beach. It would depend on how far back on the property you are, but maybe a block at most. I don't know of anywhere that rents chairs/lounges, etc for the week. Wal-Mart is close--chairs for $10 or so, or just use a beach towel. You may even find some that others have left behind in your unit. The street is 2 lane and not particularly busy, but do watch the kids. People will usually stop and let you cross, not a problem. Do take your chairs with you when you leave the beach. I have had a few disappear.

Dalton, Georgia
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Runaway Bay and walks to the beach.

thanks for the help. We have chairs, i just didn't want to have to bring them back and forth if i did not have too. thanks for you input

Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Runaway Bay and walks to the beach.

Yes Runaway Bay is directly across the street from the beach. The above poster is right it will just depend on where your condo is on the property how far.

You could pick up an umbrella fairly cheap if you would need one with the kids. Years ago a handful of places used to rent them but not sure they do that anymore but it wouldnt hurt to ask when you get there

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
667 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Runaway Bay and walks to the beach.

Runaway Bay has 2 deeded beach

access walkways. I would use the

southern walkway access that runs

between La Costa and Mar Bella, it

is a wooden plank pathway directly

accross from the RB roundabout,

adjacent to the tennis courts. If you

use the northern walkway thru the

Coquina Beach Club you contend

with the blind spot at the bend in

the road and that access can be

dangerous. Runway Bay had their

own beach chairs but withdrew

them when Mar Bella was built in

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Runaway Bay and walks to the beach.

couldnt find any chairs cheaper than 15.99 at walgreens

forgot to look when we stopped at walmart though!

7. Re: Runaway Bay and walks to the beach.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 24, 2010