We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tortuga Isle or Cedar Cove Resort on AMI?

chicago
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tortuga Isle or Cedar Cove Resort on AMI?

I have been lookin over these sites and 2 properties look fantastic....Tortuga Isle or Cedar Cove. It's for my husband & me...looking for beautiful setting , close to beach bars, shops beach....thanks for any help!

Mentioned in this post
Tortuga Beach Resort
Tortuga Beach Resort
943 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
BridgeWalk a Landmark Resort
BridgeWalk a Landmark Resort
#1 of 10 hotels in Bradenton Beach
Seaside Beach Resort
Seaside Beach Resort
#1 of 4 B&Bs / Inns in Bradenton Beach
Tortuga Beach Resort
Tortuga Beach Resort
#2 of 10 hotels in Bradenton Beach
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tortuga Isle or Cedar Cove Resort on AMI?

Tortuga Inn is just across from the beach, Cedar Cove is on the beach ( no pool though if thats an issue ).

Both get good reviews and both are well situated. Getting around the island is easy (its small), either driving, biking or on the free trolley.

Mentioned in this post
Tortuga Beach Resort
Tortuga Beach Resort
943 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,842 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tortuga Isle or Cedar Cove Resort on AMI?

They are very different but both are great properties. I'll try and explain.

Cedar Cove is on the beach and has several different buildings, like cottages. They have lots of paths with tropical plants winding in and out of the property. The suites have hand painted mutals on the walls and lots of beachy decor. It has an "Old Florida" feel to it. They also have grills and a small pavillion type structure that you can get away from the sun or have happy hour and meet some of the other guest.

Tortuga is the closest thing that AMI has to a "resort". They have several type of accomodations ranging from hotel rooms to very luxury type apartment right on the bay. Most have granite counter tops in the kitchen and stainless steel appliances, you get the picture. They have two pools, one on the bay one that is street side. It is across the street from the beach but Gulf Drive is narrow and just a few steps the beach where they provide plenty of chairs.

It all depends on what you are looking for. I love both and properties but maybe like Cedar Cove a pinch better because it is on the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Tortuga Beach Resort
Tortuga Beach Resort
943 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
Gulf Drive Cafe
Gulf Drive Cafe
1,224 Reviews
Anna Maria Island, FL
3. Re: Tortuga Isle or Cedar Cove Resort on AMI?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 01, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Bradenton Beach