We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If I wanted to go on a day trip from AMI where would I go?

KY
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
If I wanted to go on a day trip from AMI where would I go?

I may not want to leave the island at all honestly. We are staying a week- family of parents, 2 1/2 year old and grandparents. We may decide to take one day and travel around the area. I don't want to drive further than about an hour each way. We primarily enjoy historical or nature type activities. If you had one day to explore off the island what would you do? Any suggestions and ideas are appreciated. Sometimes I wonder if we even need a rental car at all. Maybe we should just ride the island trolley all week and get airport transfers.I might never want to leave....thanks for any info. Michelle

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If I wanted to go on a day trip from AMI where would I go?

You may enjoy a day trip to Ft. Desoto Park in St. Pete. See www.pinellascounty.org/park for more info.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If I wanted to go on a day trip from AMI where would I go?

Bradenton historical park

Mote aquarium and Mote Boat

St Armand's Circle

Jungle Gardens

Ringling Museum

Myakka State Park

Robinson Preserve

Selby Gardens

Marina Jack's and park

GT Bray Park

South Florida Museum

Village of the Arts

Cortez Village

Leftis Key (sp), nature preserve at southern tip of AMI

Emerson Point preserve

Siesta Village, Siesta Key beach

All of these are within an hour, most are less, from AMI.

3. Re: If I wanted to go on a day trip from AMI where would I go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, November 29, 2009