We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sailfish Gulf, Tortuga, Cedar Cove, Tradewinds or more

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
108 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Sailfish Gulf, Tortuga, Cedar Cove, Tradewinds or more

We are planning a babymoon trip to AMI or Bradenton Beach area

in November for 3 nights.

We have picked reasonable but neat accomodations as follows:

-Sailfish Gulf Suites

-Tortuga Inn

-Cedar Cove Resort

-Parm Tree Villas

We are looking for a Gulf-front room if possible under $150/night.

Please anyone, help us to pick a place from the above list or recommend any other places to stay.

Thank you.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,800 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sailfish Gulf, Tortuga, Cedar Cove, Tradewinds or more

You have a nice list going there and they all are unique in their own right. It looks like a list I would have compiled.

OK, Tortuga is probably the most upscale, modern, some units have granite counter tops. The pool area is very nice and they have great tropical foliage all around. It has more of a "resort" feel. It is NOT on the beach but a quick walk across a narrow street.

Cedar Cove - It has an "old florida" feel to it with little duplex type cottages on the property, nice tropical foliage and is right ON the beach, no pool but a great gathering area on the beach for cocktails and to meet other guest. It is a fun place.

Sailfish Gulf Suite - Small, only four units, like a duplex. The sell here is it is so close to the gulf, your unit opens out on to a concrete deck and then BAM you are on the beach. You can also grill right there on the deck, has cute tables with umbrellas. It is very quite and private. It is moderate furnished and very clean. You can cook breakfast and watch the seaguls. No pool. Make sure if you call you tell Jeannie hello from Natalie.

Palm Tree Villas - It is NOT on the beach, it is across the street. It is the only one I have not stayed at but it gets really good reviews.

Take a look at Sandpebble Resort, Queens Gate, Tropical Isle and one of my favorties is The Blue Dolphin Inn, not on the beach but it is so tropical and adorable.

Novemeber is a great time to visit - lower rates - no crowds and perfect weather. Good luck

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
108 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sailfish Gulf, Tortuga, Cedar Cove, Tradewinds or more

Thank you, RustyKat.

I have replied to another post in AMI forum.

I really appreciate your precious advice!

3. Re: Sailfish Gulf, Tortuga, Cedar Cove, Tradewinds or more

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, September 30, 2009