We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beachfront homes - too much traffic noise?

Which Bonita Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Beachfront homes - too much traffic noise?

We are considering renting a private home on Bonita Beach in early November. We are concerned that the homes along Hickory may have too much traffic noise? We did a satellite view and it looks like this is a really busy road with big truck traffic.

Can anyone from the local area advise on this? We want to book as soon as possible. Is there anything beachfront on the mainland that would not have this issue? Or do we need to go to the islands (like Sanibel or Captiva) to really get away from the noise?

TIA!

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
365 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beachfront homes - too much traffic noise?

Bonita Springs is lovely. But you may hear traffic from the street on Hickory. Its the motorcycles and ambulances during the night that may bother you. I would suggest you take a look a bit north on Gasparilla Island- and Boca Grande if you would like "quiet old style Florida" It is a quaint island that has many lovely homes and a fabulous beach.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beachfront homes - too much traffic noise?

If you'll be down in Early November you shouldn't find it too bad. I'm not a local, but I've driven the road and it does get commercial traffic. About the only way around it is one of the barrier islands. I explored a lot before returning the Sanibel and Captiva as often as I do as I can rent for less elsewhere.

You could try around Naples, but everything I found there was even pricier than on the islands. Marco has some choices but not on the beach, mostly they're on canals.

Since Sanibel only rents houses for 28 days minimum, take a look at Captiva. The Tween Waters Inn stretch does have a fairly quiet [quiet in off season anyway] road between it and the beach, but the island is so narrow that you can walk from Bay to beach in a few minutes. They also have some nice townhome style condos with nice beach/Gulf views. Sanibel has tons of condos, many completely redone since since Charley. I sually take a bayside house on Captiva.

Bradenton Beach may be an option as well as Anna Maria Island.

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
513 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beachfront homes - too much traffic noise?

I live here in Bonita ~~ We luv this place ~~ The only thing I can tell ya ~~ There is traffic noise every where here ~~ Don't care where ya at ~~ Novemeber is a good month to visit but tourtist & snowbirds are on there way down ~~ I'm not sure which side of the road your gonna stay at but hopefully its on the Gulf side ~~ If its across the street ~~ its not that bad ~~ Hopefully ~~ you are close to Bonita Beach ~~ Hickory goes all the way to South Ft Myers Beach ~~ As I do a lot of fishin there ~~ The traffic at night isn't all that bad ~~ other than what the other poster said ~~ The more North you go towards South Ft Myers beach ~~ the more noise ya gonna have ~~ Good luck & enjoy your stay where ever it is ~~

4. Re: Beachfront homes - too much traffic noise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, August 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bonita Springs