We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Coconut Plantation:: Is a car needed for this area?

Which Bonita Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Roxbury, New Jersey
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Hyatt Coconut Plantation:: Is a car needed for this area?

Hi all~

We are looking at taking our 1st family trip with our daughter. She will be almost 11 months at that point. At first I was looking at renting a house but looks like most of the nice ones are booked solid! so I stumbled on this resort and what I like most is that we can put the baby to sleep in the bedroom and still hang out on the balcony or the studio area and spend some quiet time w/the hubby and not disrupt the baby!

My question is - is a car still needed for where the hotel is located? I know they take you to their private island but just wondering for dining and entertainment, is everything in walking distance that we can take the baby w/the stroller?

Thanks so much!

Pompano Beach...
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Coconut Plantation:: Is a car needed for this area?

Not sure about your question, but wondering if you have considered a condo on the beach? maybe the Pinkshell resort within walking distance to the pier, restaurants and shops. or others in the area

www.pinkshell.com

Fort Myers, FL
Level Contributor
353 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Coconut Plantation:: Is a car needed for this area?

Yes. I think you will want a car. The hotel is located close to Coconut Point mall but I doubt that you would want to walk the route with a baby stroller and cross US 41. (Close by car- not a close walk.) There are no off property restaurants within walking distance.

The hotel is lovely and they also shuttle you to the sister property next door where there is a lazy river pool which is very nice. As you stated, there is boat that runs guests to their beach. As nice as the hotel and property are, I can't imagine not having a car to explore all of the wonderful beaches, parks, attractions and sites in the area.

mi
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Coconut Plantation:: Is a car needed for this area?

yes yuo should rent a car like be fore the mall is about 2 miles away.Resort is awesome you will have a wonderful time. they have splash pool for you an little one to sit on an enjoy

4. Re: Hyatt Coconut Plantation:: Is a car needed for this area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, June 20, 2013