We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping in and around Boca

Which Boca Raton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tokyo
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
shopping in and around Boca

I'll be staying at Springhill Boca next week for business.

There are a couple of days that I can get around,

so I want to go shopping and get some items of especially US-born brands,

such as Ralph Lauren, Coach, Banana Republic/GAP etc...

(COZ their prices rise suddenly in other countries!)

The biggest problem is that I can't drive during the trip.

I heard sawgrassmills mall is big and reasonable in price,

but I think it's quite a ways from Springhill Boca.

Town Center Mall seems to be better to go to

even though it isn't outlet mall,

considering time and money to get the place.

What is the best way to go to Town Center Mall or Sawgrassmills other than driving?

Is the mills worth to go to from a distance?

I don't mind to spend a whole day on shopping.

of course I'd appreciate other recommendations!!

Thanks!

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping in and around Boca

The way I see it, transportation is going to be your biggest problem with your stay in Boca. Without being able to drive, your transport options are limited to - hotel shuttles (if any), taxi/limo, or buses.

Springhill suites may have a shuttle bus service to popular tourist stops in Boca, such as Town Center mall. However, I was not able to determine that from the website. You should check with the front desk at check-in to determine if they provide this service.

The next option is hiring a taxi, limo or shuttle (depending on the size of your party). A taxi to Town Center mall should not be very costly, nor take a great deal of time. The hotel should be able to arrange pickup, but you will have to call the service when you want to return to the hotel (Boca isn't big enough that taxis want to wait for fares). Using a taxi to get to the Sawgrass Mills mall would be very expensive and time-consuming.

The last option is public transportation. Springhill suites is close to the Boca tri-rail commuter train station. You should be able to walk to the station and get on palm-tran bus route 2 going to go to/from Town Center mall. Going to Sawgrass Mills mall would require taking tri-rail south to the Fort Lauderday station then taking a bus to/from the mall. You may want to try taking a bus to Town Center mall, but I would avoid trying to go to Sawgrass Mills mall via public transportation.

I hope this information helps you and that you enjoy your stay in Boca Raton.

Tokyo
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shopping in and around Boca

Styro,

Thank you for your detailed information.

mmm...

Maybe I'd better avoid to go to Sawgrass Mills, unless there is a compelling reason.

I don't mind waiting for a taxi at the mall, so I'm going to plan to go to Town Center mall.

And I'll check if Springhill provide any transportation service, when I get to the hotel.

Not to be bothered by transportation problem,

I'd rather think about relaxing in comfort.

Thank you!

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,695 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shopping in and around Boca

Takutos>

There is no comparison in malls for the kind of shopping you want to do! When you get to your hotel, contact one of these services to get bus info to Sawgrass Mills Mall (also inquire at the desk if they know a local tour):

Krykow Enterprises (954) 722-1740

Adventours (954) 525-4666

T.J. Tours (954) 568-6011

Royal Livery Limo (954) 846-7589

Each of the brands you list can be 70% less money than a regular mall. There are individual outlets for the GAP, Banana Republic, Ralph etc etc. You could easily spend more than a day and not see the entire mall - it goes on for miles.

Enjoy!

AG

Tokyo
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shopping in and around Boca

AdvisorGirl>

Thank you for your advise. I'll inquire about bus info to above. It's gonna be an enjoyable trip thanks to you! It seems to be so large that I can't imagine it. I'm really looking forward to see them.

Thanks a lot!!

Boca Raton, FL
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: shopping in and around Boca

Takuto's! One thing is guaranteed, YOu will have fun shopping in Boca!

I prefer Boca Town Center Mall . It is true that there are some good discounts at the Sawgrass Mills, but those things are usually from several seasons ago, and are no longer fashionable. Also, they sell undesirable sizes, colors and styles, and those items that are still OK, can be in bad condition. Considering how difficult it is to get to Sawgrass Mills from Boca without a car, I would stick with the mall. The service at Town Center Mall is good, the products are top notch, and there are always plenty of sales. Check out Macys, or Bloomingdales for sale on Ralph Lauren or Coach products.

Other recommendations I have are Marshalls in Delray or Loehmanns in Boca - both discounted stores with designer labels

I hope that you have fun!

6. Re: shopping in and around Boca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, August 24, 2009