We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August weather

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
August weather

Hi

We have a week booked on Boca Raton, hoping for a relaxing week after being at Disney World in Orlando with our 3 kids.

I know that this is Hurricane Season in Florida and that there will be storms and rain but I wanted to ask will we have periods of good weather and sunshine or are we heading for a week of non stop rain?

I naively thought that there may be a tropical storm for an hour or so a day but then we would have sunshine. Am I very wrong?

I thought I would ask the local experts.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Florida
Florida
United States
Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
18,123 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August weather

" I wanted to ask will we have periods of good weather and sunshine or are we heading for a week of non stop rain? "

The usual pattern for the rainy season is frequent late afternoon/evening thunderstorms which end after 30-45 minutes. It is very rare that there is non-stop rain.

"I naively thought that there may be a tropical storm for an hour or so a day but then we would have sunshine. Am I very wrong?"

You are basically right, but these thunderstorms are not "tropical storms". Those can last much longer and are accompanied by very high winds and torrential rainfall. They "may" be the precursor to an eventual hurricane if conditions are right.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: August weather

Thanks Orlando Vic. In between the rain and storms is good sunshine likely? Or is this difficult to be more sure on?

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Florida
Level Contributor
519 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: August weather

Unless there is a tropical storm (and August is early in the storm season so they aren't as common then), you'll very likely have plenty of sunshine.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: August weather

Thanks Jonc42, that is good to know. Whilst we expect we wont get wall to wall sunshine the whole time we are there, I was hoping for some good sunshine for some of our trip, so thats reassuring. Is the weather similar in Orlando to Boca?

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
14,921 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: August weather

GE/LE Go Early/Leave Early is my summertime motto. There is always the chance of a passing tropical system which tend to bring rain and storms for days. Aside from that get up and out early. Our typical summer pattern has the thunder storms popping up in the afternoon ending in the late afternoon/early evening.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
18,123 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: August weather

"Is the weather similar in Orlando to Boca?"

Yes, very similar.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
7. Re: August weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 19, 2015