We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse back riding

Delaware
8 posts
Save Topic
Horse back riding

I wanted to see if anyone could suggest a place to take the kids horse back riding around the Boca Raton area. We have a car and would like to find a place with in an hour or so away.

Thanks

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse back riding

One would think that with such an affluent community as Boca, there would be numerous equestrian activity centers. Seems that there really are not that many. A quick list...

Filly & Colt

6877 SW 18th St # 123, Boca Raton, 33433

(561) 447-4117

Horseshoe Farm Inc

17690 Wagon Wheel Dr, Boca Raton, 33496

(561) 487-9066

Fox Meadow Farm II

19755 120th Ave S, Boca Raton, 33498

(561) 488-7134

Also check out these sites...

southflorida.com/visitor/…

funandsun.com/1tocf/amusf/horsetail.html#dlb

(link goes to Delray Beach, but scroll for other towns)

Never under-estimate the power of Google.

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Horse back riding

This place might be more 'kid' centric...

JCC Camp Ted Weisberg Boca Raton, FL U.S.A.

561-852-3227

Campers entering 1st - 6th grade interested in horseback riding, will have the opportunity to learn the anatomy of the horse, how to tack and groom a horse as well as the actual riding. Riding will take place at Tan Line Stables in Boca Raton.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horse back riding

Tradewinds Park in Coconut Creek , just south of Boca Raton is a Broward County Park that offers trail rides and pony rides- I just don't know if it is all the time or on weekends. I'll see if I can find out and repost. It would be less than half an hour from Bocaaa, south on I-95.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,240 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horse back riding

Here's the link- apparently wekends only:

www.southflorida.com/64221,0,4951871.venue

5. Re: Horse back riding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, August 14, 2009