We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxis and car rentals in boca raton

Boston...
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
taxis and car rentals in boca raton

i'm looking for information on taxis and rental cars in boca raton for this site's "inside boca raton" pages --

can anyone who is familiar with Boca tell me about the cab situations? are they used often? easy to use? expensive? Is a traveler better off renting a car?

thanks!

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: taxis and car rentals in boca raton

To my knowledge, there are still no taxi companies based in Boca. You have to call for a taxi and wait +10 minutes or call well ahead and reserve a taxi for a specific time/date/task. Drawbacks, beyond the aforementioned, are dirty passenger areas, high rates, crooked drivers (holding luggage hostage and side detours to stretch out the trip), etc.

Rental car firms, on the other hand, are plentiful. Unless it is tourist season, there is a convention nearby, or just after a hurricane passes, you have your choice of vehicle types and prices. Drawbacks are usually along the lines of limited one-way rentals, high fees for not filling the tank before returning the car, insurance rip-offs, having to find your of way to places, parking, spending money whether you are using the car or not, etc...

My usual rule is to use a taxi from & to airports, then call for a car rental from a hotel (or reserved beforehand). From the cab ride you can observe local traffic rules and patterns before getting into the thick of it with a rental car (plus cab drivers are a good local driving resource).

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,836 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxis and car rentals in boca raton

Try these guys....Boca Taxi & Executive Sedan Ai

(561) 392-2335 . Also, car rentals are available throughout Boca and/or through the FLL or PBI airports.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,955 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxis and car rentals in boca raton

Since I have family in the area that can pick me up and drop me off at the ariport, I have used the Avis location on Yamato Rd. and find the rates cheaper than renting from the airport. (I can also usually do with 2 less days rental).

http://tinyurl.com/ygtp2v

Boca Raton, FL
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: taxis and car rentals in boca raton

Metro Taxi 561 276-2230

I have used it in the past. I think that It is cheaper to rent a car though. Driving in Boca is very easy

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: taxis and car rentals in boca raton

>> Driving in Boca is very easy

Unless you want to drive on Glades Road, Palmetto Pk Rd, I-95, US-1 (Federal Hwy), NW 12th Ave, Powerline Rd, or anywhere else the city, county or state has decided to construct an 'improvement'.

Ocala, Florida
Level Contributor
38 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxis and car rentals in boca raton

Whilte it is true that there is always some sort of construction on the roads around Boca Raton, the roads are still easy to navigate for a tourist and parking is rarely a problem. And, since most main roads are laid out 'grid-style', finding addresses isn't really that hard.

I've lived in the Boca Raton/Deefield Beach area since I was 7 (almost 30 years) and I've *rarely* seen any taxis. In fact, I've never been in one here. I have, however, been on the mass transit (bus, Tri-Rail). My suggestion is to rent a car.

boca raton florida
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: taxis and car rentals in boca raton

Car service is the way to go if you need to go on a long trip or to the airport, someone mentioned Boca sedan the 392-2335 guys there good for airports and such. Boca Taxi was and still is good for a cab service the problem is some idiot that owns a service in west palm AAA taxi stole the name and put an add in the yellow page book. When I called this POS blue taxi cab pulled up with a driver that doesn’t speak English and tried to drive me in circles, STAY AWAY 988-8888- So I did the Leg work and found the "REAL" Boca Taxi Number# (561) 392-2727. They are decent and at least tell you the truth about how long tell take to get ya. As one post said it's not like they are going to get there in the blink of an eye, better go back to NYC or whatever Metro area it was that spoiled you! Ok if you live in Mizner Park Scratch that last statement, just walk outside and wait 5 minutes.

My Point:

Airport Sedan Boca Raton: 561-392-2335

Local Taxi Boca Raton: 561-392-2727

Its really sad that I know this information!

8. Re: taxis and car rentals in boca raton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, September 09, 2009