We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boca for the non driver

Which Boca Raton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york city
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
boca for the non driver

Can one vacation in Boca Raton with out to much trouble as an older non driver? Would love a reply.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,341 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: boca for the non driver

What do you want to do while you're in Boca?

If you envision spending lots of time on the beach, it is beautiful...natural areas that one pays to get into daily or pick up a pass at the City Hall for your stay.

I'm kind of thinking more Deerfield Beach. You can stay in a few different hotels/motels/small private places and easily walk to the beach and get to restaurants without driving. Get a place with refrigerator and micro/stovetop or something and that'll help too. I forget where the grocer is...you'd have to check on that.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,771 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: boca for the non driver

The closest grocery I can think of in Deerfield is the Publix at US1 and Hillsboro- maybe a bit of a hike of several blocks- but a city bus should run that route- I was going to recommend Deerfield Beach as well - or even Lauderdale by the Sea a bit futher south- because both have much more accessible beaches for walkers in my opinion and shops and restuarants that are walkable- as well as decent public transportation options.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,341 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: boca for the non driver

Definitely.

Newyorkcity, if you're for a longer time than just a few days (say if you're spending some of the winter), you can often find a friendly group at your small hotel who get friendly and go to a store in one person's car every so often.

4. Re: boca for the non driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, October 03, 2012