We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental and activities suggestion

Level Contributor
83 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
car rental and activities suggestion

I am accompanying my husband to Boca for a 3 day weekend. He will be in a seminar most of the days. Do you recommend any activities/ shopping areas for a 40 yr old female? We will be staying at the Boca Raton Resort and Club or the Boca Bridge hotel. Do we need to rent a car or can I just rely on hotel shuttles?

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental and activities suggestion

In a nutshell...rent a car.

According the the Boca Raton Resort & Club website, they have shuttles to take you to a) the beach, and b) Mizner Park (and maybe, c) airports). Kind of limited, but better than Boca Bridge (they only tell you how to get there).

With a car you can shop at Mizner Park, Royal Palm Plaza, Town Center Mall, Boca Center Plaza, Sawgrass Mills Mall (ok, kind of far, but much better prices) and any other shopping area you hear/read about. You can also visit the various beaches & parks in and around Boca, hit the clubs in Delray and/or Ft Lauderdale and in general have much better freedom to go and do things on your own schedule.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
39,489 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental and activities suggestion

Don't forget to spend some time at the Boca Museum of Art in Mizner Park. They currently have a "Bronzes of Degas" exhibit and I think a Tiffany exhibit as well. It's a really enjoyable place. Also they ahve a small but interesting museum shop where I always find the most intersting gift ideas- and nice jewelry choices too.

3. Re: car rental and activities suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, September 24, 2009