We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Front Hotels & My Meeting!?!?

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
6 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Front Hotels & My Meeting!?!?

I have a conference to attend at the Boca Resort! I reserved my room at the resort, then noticed here on tripadvisor that the hotel really doesnt score high marks...Plus, things seem fairly expensive...

I am flying into Fort Lauderdale and probably just going to rent a car and drive up to Boca Raton...

I guess my question is, how far is everything around there? I have been looking for places on Deerfield beach, which dont seem TOO far from my convention, but was hoping that a few here may also tell me another beach area to look into which wouldnt be too far!

Im willing to drive maybe 15-20 minutes to get to the Boca Resort for my convention!

Anyways, I would appreciate any and all input! Thanks!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Front Hotels & My Meeting!?!?

The Boca Resort is not Ocean Front. You can try the Delray Beach Marriot. Deerfield has a few beachfront, the Embassy Suites and the Howard Johnsons Plaza both seem to be hit or miss based on the reviews.

Delray is a much nicer area than Deerfield Beach. Better restaurants on Atlantic Avenue, 32 East is great. THe drive from Delray to the Boca Resort is also nicer as you get ocean views on the A1A and are not blocked by the Ocean Front Condos that you would have on the drive up from Deerfield.

Boca Raton, FL
Level Contributor
253 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Front Hotels & My Meeting!?!?

Boca prides itself on not over developing the ocean front so there's not much to choose from. The Boca Resort is both on the intracoastal (The Boca Hotel also has conventions, it's the big pink tower) and on the ocean. The ocean front part is where the members go and they do have some conventions there. Across the street from the resort is a hotel called "The Bridge". On the inlet with ocean views on the east side of the hotel. You'll be close to downtown Boca where there's great bars, restaurants and shopping.

The Marriot in Delray is also a great choice. Not on the ocean but just across the street like The Bridge. If you go west on Atlantic Ave. (Marriott is on corner of A1A and Atlantic), there's some of the best nightlife in South Florida.

I suggest looking into both.

wood ridge new...
Level Contributor
197 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Front Hotels & My Meeting!?!?

If you're going to be in Boca you have to drive to Holiday-Inn Highland Beach. It's over a small bridge from Boca ( 5 minute drive tops) We have family in Boca & ALWAYS go to the HI.

It is oceanfront, beautiful w/pool & jacuzzi - if u can expense it - lol

get an oceanfront high floor - worth the $ for view........

restaurant on the water & inside pool bar w/ yummy drinks..

not crowded - highly recommend!! even check it out on the HI website and trip advisor..........Good Luck - We're going there in October.........

4. Re: Beach Front Hotels & My Meeting!?!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, September 05, 2009