We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seaweed

Englewood, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
seaweed

How are the Boca beaches...did they get trashed by the last storm like they did in venice, englewood, etc? Kids coming for first visit with grandson and would like to take them to beach with little to no seaweed? Please help...thanks in advance.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,611 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seaweed

I might ask this on the Rotonda and Englewood forums as they have a bit more traffic than this one.

I didn't go to gasparilla when I was there in June/july so am not sure but I do think someone who posted at Englewood said Gasparilla/Boca wasn't affected as badly?

Essex
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: seaweed

Hi

We have just returned from our vacation and spent most of our beach time on South Beach and beyond. There was a great deal of seaweed in the water for a couple of days (which I didn't like as I am a wuss) but once it had landed on the beach and dried out it wasn't a problem. Obviously, all depends on the tides. I visited Englewood beach and did not like the look of it at all. The state of it has been documented in other posts, but I have to say it had not deterred people from using the beach - it was mobbed! Stump pass was pretty clear when we left on Sunday (and very quiet). Hope your grandson has a lovely time wherever you go..

PS I know it's a bit of a trek but Anna Maria was clear when we were there.

Englewood, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: seaweed

Thanks a lot for the info :-)

4. Re: seaweed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, April 28, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Boca Grande