We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fare from Amtrak station to the Doubletree Hilton

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Arlington, Virginia
3 posts
Save Topic
Taxi fare from Amtrak station to the Doubletree Hilton

I'm planning to arrive at the Wilmington Amtrak station at around 8AM on a Friday morning. Does anyone know about how much taxi fare will cost from the station to Doubletree Hilton Wilmington? Also, how long does the ride take during that time of day? Thanks!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
437 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi fare from Amtrak station to the Doubletree Hilton

Tara -

With morning commuter traffic, the ride could take anywhere from 15 - 20 minutes. Using a taxi fare finder website the calculation came up with an average $24 - more or less depending on traffic - ouch ! Does the Doubletree have a shuttle ?

TG

Arlington, Virginia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi fare from Amtrak station to the Doubletree Hilton

Thank you, TG! This is very helpful. Great point about the hotel shuttle. I will inquire about this and post the response.

Arlington, Virginia
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi fare from Amtrak station to the Doubletree Hilton

I called the Doubletree hotel and they have a shuttle, but it is only for destinations within a 5 mile radius. The Amtrak station is too far away. Options are the #2 bus or taxi. It takes about 30-min in traffic to get to the hotel from the train station.

4. Re: Taxi fare from Amtrak station to the Doubletree Hilton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 02, 2015