We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wilmington DE to Chicago - what

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Wilmington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, UK
11 posts
Save Topic
Wilmington DE to Chicago - what

I am coming to Wilmington for work and want to plan a weekend trip to Chicago, departing Friday after work and coming back for Sunday.

What is the best way to get there? I have checked flights from Philadelphia and they seem quite expensive and the frequency of flights is not great either. Do I have any other options?

Wilmington, DE
Level Contributor
830 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wilmington DE to Chicago - what

Your only other reasonable option is BWI airport. It is outside Baltimore. Takes about an hour to drive down there but on certain flights you can save substantially over PHL.

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
58 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wilmington DE to Chicago - what

Yes, BWI and PHL are the only reasonable options. At first glance I thought you were going to try to drive it!

Hockessin, Delaware
Level Contributor
171 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wilmington DE to Chicago - what

The train is 36 hours each way. You can drive it in 15 each way. Save your cash and fly. Look at atlantic city to chi-town with sprint airways. Its the cheapest

4. Re: Wilmington DE to Chicago - what

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, October 19, 2012