We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rehearsal Dinner in Wilmington, DE

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Philadelphia
2 posts
Save Topic
Rehearsal Dinner in Wilmington, DE

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good, inexpensive rehearsal dinner place for about 40 people. Any cuisine is okay. Any place close to Hotel du Pont would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
HOTEL DU PONT
HOTEL DU PONT
341 Reviews
Wilmington, DE
Brandywine Valley...
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Wilmington, DE

What price range per person (excl. drinks & tips)? How close to the Hotel? Walking distance, or a 5-minute drive? How much farther is acceptable?

Philadelphia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Wilmington, DE

Hi! Thanks for replying!

I guess the price range per person should be something reasonable. I really can't give you a number though since I don't know myself. The rehearsal dinner would hopefully be nearby like around a 5-15 minute (or so) drive. So long as it's not a 30+ minute drive, we'll be happy.

Brandywine Valley...
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Wilmington, DE

There's quite a range of restaurants at Wilmington's Riverfront:

www.riverfrontwilm.com/index.php…

The area is a very short drive from the Hotel and parking is free.

Level Contributor
41 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Wilmington, DE

The Big Fish Grill or Iron Hill Brewery on the Riverfront. I know the Big Fish Grill has a room that seats 40 because I just called them regarding a Christmas Party (plus I've been there). Both have good food. Other options in the city may be Robino's, Attilios or Mona Lisa(good Italian eateries), Walters Steak House or Union Street Grill. Outside of the city is Lamberti's or Vincente's or Hunters Den. Depends on what kind of food you prefer.

Level Contributor
41 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Wilmington, DE

Just thought of another - Toscana in Trolley Square

6. Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Wilmington, DE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 10, 2010