We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach house rental

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Rehoboth Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beach house rental

Hi everyone,

We want to rent a house that comfortably sleeps 6-8 for a weekend this summer (2014). Any leads?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach house rental

Good choice Jamie H. I think you will find that there are many properties that will fit your needs. I have always been most successful finding a house using one of the local real estate companies. A list of them can be found on the Rehoboth Beach/Dewey Beach Chamber of Commerce webpage:

https:/…rentalssales.html

Personally, I have used both Crowley and Prudential Gallo in the past. One was not necessarily better than the other, it just depends on what inventory they have for your dates (and sometimes they have the same properties because of the way the rentals are listed). Pick one (or two) and do a search through their websites for your dates and specifics. Then contact them and start working from there.

I hope you enjoy your trip to the beach.

dctravel

New Jersey
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach house rental

Won't it be difficult to find a weekend rental during the summer?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach house rental

You are correct jacksdad23! I misread the initial question and responded with information on weekly rentals. Its what I get for reading to quickly.

Weekend rentals are going to be hard during the summer. You can reach out to realtors and see if they have any ideas, but a few hotel rooms in either Dewey Beach or Rehoboth Beach are probably your best bet.

dctravel

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
563 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach house rental

You will not find a house rental downtown for the weekend only. I have family coming for a long weekend in June and they decided to do three hotel rooms because we could not find a house. You can try the Atlantic Sands condos... they have two condos on Baltimore (over the theatre) that they sometimes will rent by the night. All other houses go Fri to Fri or Sat to Sat or Sun to Sun. Some hotels have suites which might be an option for you.

Clinton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach house rental

I used Jack Lingo they have home available all season. Weekend only rentals during the high time would be very difficult if not impossible. Check with them. They are FANTASTIC!

6. Re: Beach house rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 02, 2015