We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Things to do in the area?

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Rehoboth Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sunbury...
Level Contributor
5 posts
72 reviews
Things to do in the area?

My husband and I are visiting for the weekend and are looking for things to do in the area. I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant so im a little limited on what we can do.

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1,026 reviews
1. Re: Things to do in the area?

What kinds of things interest you? We have tax free shopping at the Tanger Outlets. You might also like visiting Historic 2nd Street in Lewes. There are some quaint shops and restaurants there. You can do the Lewes Historical Society Tour. You can visit the beaches and Rehoboth boardwalk. There are several art galleries around town too. There are a few antique shops in the area if you like antiquing. There is the Rehoboth Beach Museum in town. If you are interested, the Purple Parrot has a FREE drag show every Sunday night at 10pm. There is more...it just depends on your interests.

Hope this helps some.

Sunbury...
Level Contributor
5 posts
72 reviews
2. Re: Things to do in the area?

My husband and I enjoy all kinds of things from mini golf to museums to bargin shopping. We havent been here in over five years or so just looking to see whats fun in the area.

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1,026 reviews
3. Re: Things to do in the area?

Well, there are a few mini golf places to choose from...there is Jungle Jims, Shell We Golf, Fire Mountain Golf and Ryan's Mini Golf on the boardwalk (rooftop & NEW for 2013 is the Indoor course). I have done Ryan's rooftop. It is nothing fancy, but you can't beat the price or rooftop view.

If you like farmer's markets then you might want to check out the Lewes Farmer's Market on Saturday Morning. You can buy produce, cheeses, mushrooms, plants, herbs and more.

Always a classic is the haunted mansion in Funland. You can ride through with your hubby.

If you are interested in Native American History, you can check out the Nanticoke Indian Museum in nearby Millsboro, DE. There is a small fee. There is a FREE museum in Lewes called the zwaanandael museum. It is worthwhile & will give you some background on the town, lighthouses, shipwrecks, etc. If you like history, you might be interested in visiting Fort Miles in the Cape Henlopen State Park. You can also visit the Nature Center in the CHSP as well.

The Kalmar Nyckel is sailing out of Lewes this coming weekend. It is a replica Tall Ship. IF you don't want to pay to sail, they are offering FREE deck tours on Sunday, August 18 from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM. It will be at the Lewes Ferry Terminal!! I personally wouldn't miss this since they don't offer FREE deck tours often & it is not in port all the time either!!

If you don't mind traveling south towards Bethany Beach, there is a show that you might be interested in. I have considered it, but haven't managed to squeeze it into my visits yet. It is the Dickens Parlour Theatre in Millville, DE. You can do dinner & a show at this small theater. Shows are at 7pm. I hope to catch one of the magic shows myself one day.

The Clear Space Theater also has shows while you are in town. They are performing La Cage.

You can go to one of the spas in town for a couples massage or relaxation.

If I think of anything else, I will let you know. Hope this helps some.

Sunbury...
Level Contributor
5 posts
72 reviews
4. Re: Things to do in the area?

Thank you for all the great info!! I may have mentioned the wrong weekend though. We are comming down Aug 23-25. The farmers market is right up our alley and I will be sure to check that out. Can I google it for an address to put in my GPS? We usually do Fire Mt. Golf but the one on the rooftop sounds nice. We love Cape Henalopen and usually go to the beach there since it's les crowded. Dinner and a show sound nice as well, we will have to check it out! Now to just find some good places to eat!

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1,026 reviews
5. Re: Things to do in the area?

The farmer's market is sometimes held in Shipcarpenter's Square. Sometimes it is held at Shields Elementary School just off of Savannah rd. Their website is helpful & provides addresses for both locations as well as the dates.

http://www.historiclewesfarmersmarket.org/

6. Re: Things to do in the area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 19, 2014