We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High Quality Hotel/Rental in Rehoboth for family with 2...

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
minneapolis
5 posts
Save Topic
High Quality Hotel/Rental in Rehoboth for family with 2...

My family is considering visiting Rehoboth Beach in July 2006 for the first time with our 5 year old and 7 year old. Can anyone recommend any high quality hotels or rentals that are good for families? Must be on or within 2 blocks of Rehoboth Beach and Boardwalk. Pool and kids program would also be nice.

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
446 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: High Quality Hotel/Rental in Rehoboth for family with 2...

There really aren't any resort type hotels in Rehoboth Beach, either near the boardwalk or out on Route 1. On Route 1, you'll find things like Holiday Inn Express or AmericaInn, but you have to drive into the beach area to park. On the beach, the hotels are locally owned. I don't know if they would fit your description of "high quality" or not. I stayed in the Boardwalk Plaza which is ranked #1 on here and it was more like a quaint little inn. They have a very small pool and it is an indoor/outdoor pool. The #2 hotel on here is called the Bellmoor. There website is www.thebellmoor.com. I have never stayed there, but it looks more like a nice "inn" as well. There are photos on expedia.com. They also list "babysitting & childcare services" but no children's programs. A good site for listings of where to stay and what to do can be found at www.rehoboth.com. This site also lists vacation rental agencies. We found a condo for a week this way, but they also list homes as well.

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
446 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: High Quality Hotel/Rental in Rehoboth for family with 2...

P.S. If you decide to go with a rental, you will want to make this decision RIGHT AWAY. As it is, you may have a hard time finding what you want in the location that you want.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
4,950 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: High Quality Hotel/Rental in Rehoboth for family with 2...

Your best option for a resort-type experience with a kids program is about 20 minutes south with a condo rental at Sea Colony in Bethany Beach.

The better hotels in Rehoboth might be able to arrange for a reliable babysitter if you need one for a few hours, but for the most part you'll be on your own to keep the kids amused.