We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seafood restarant

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Rehoboth Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Downingtown...
Level Contributor
546 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
seafood restarant

looking for a good seafood restarant for saturday nite staying in rehoboth any suggestions

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
189 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seafood restarant

Fins

Big Fish

West Hartford...
Level Contributor
147 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: seafood restarant

Claws Crab House is my favorite in the area, it gives me a real Rehoboth Beach feel. The restaurant is on the smaller side, but the food is amazing, at a good price. Enjoy your stay in the area!

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
566 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: seafood restarant

All of the downtown restuarants have great seafood dishes because that's what everyone wants to eat here.

You could just walk around to check out the menus and atmospheres. I really love the rockfish at Eden, tuna at Back Porch, sushi at both the Cultured Pearl and Stingray, shrimp salad at Summer House and the fried fish at Stoney Lonen.

But if you are set on going to a "seafood restaurant," I recommend FINS. They don't take reservations, though, so be prepared for a possible wait, especially on a Saturday night. They have a great bar and you can order some apps in the bar while you wait, though. Their steamed oysters are amazing!

Enjoy.

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
1,102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: seafood restarant

I perosnally like Big Fish as a general seafood restaurant. It is casual and the food has always been good. It is located on highway ONE just outside of downtown Rehoboth Beach. Here is a link to my review if you want to see some photos or read my detailed review:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34048-d3960…

If you are just looking for steamed crabs or steamed shrimp/clams in an extremely relaxed setting...then I would recommend Ed's Chicken & Crabs in Dewey.

If you are looking for a good crabcake and a nice romantic setting...then I would recommend the Buttery on Second St in Lewes.

Hope this helps! Have a great trip.

Millsboro, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: seafood restarant

If you want an outstanding crab cake, try Gilligan's in Lewes. They prepare award-winning deserts, too.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
566 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: seafood restarant

Dear Bonnie:

A couple of these recommendations are for Lewes or for restuarants out on the highway. Big Fish is not downtown, but it is close, and their food is very good. Lewes is the next town to the north; it's about six miles from downtown Rehoboth to downtown Lewes. If you are in Rehoboth for one night, you probably don't want to go to Lewes for dinner. We have tons of wonderful restaurants within walking distance if you are staying at a downtown hotel.

I always forget about Gilligan's, though. I love their food. They are right on the canal in Lewes with an awesome porch setting when it's not too hot. Thanks for the reminder!

Millsboro, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: seafood restarant

CJ:

It's the only place I order a crab cake. Last time we visited, it was $30 AND WORTH IT; think softball size with no filler. They make them daily in large quantities. Regrettably, they'd gotten away from the soy beans in the succotash (Now tomatos?) on top of the mash in which the crab cake is imbedded. ;<(

Millsboro, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: seafood restarant

But still worth it!

9. Re: seafood restarant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, February 11, 2010