We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lesbian beaches?

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
new york
3 posts
Save Topic
lesbian beaches?

I hear that there are certain sections on the beach where it's mostly gay or lesbian. I was in Rehoboth last year and went to queen street entrance and there were mostly gay men. Where can i go to relax with other lesbian woman?

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,126 posts
1,251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lesbian beaches?

I found this article that might answer your question. It states that the men usually go to the beach near Queen Street & the women usually go to the beach near North Shores. Here is the link for more info:

http://www.pinkchoice.com/destinationDetail_v2.aspx?id=24&content=gay+USA+Rehoboth+Beach+Delaware+hotels

Here is another link regarding the "gay beaches" in the rehoboth beach area:

http://rehoboth.gaycities.com/beaches/

Hope this helps! Have a great trip!!

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lesbian beaches?

Yep, Gordon's Pond SP (daily access fee is $8. per car for out of state plates).

Drive to the far (north) end of the parking lot (near the picnic pavillion) as you enter the beach from there is the "dividing jetty" referred to in the article...females keep right, men keep left.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
622 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lesbian beaches?

Daddio is correct. The girl beach is at Gordon's Pond (stick to the left at the dune).

new york
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: lesbian beaches?

Thank you for your response!

It is a great help. I have been to Rehoboth and it's been one of my summer destinations for the past 3-4yrs. I have never been able to find the girl beach. I thought down by Queen Street it was just a little over crowded with men to be the girl beach. LOL.

Thanks Again!

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lesbian beaches?

I know you didn't ask, but the Frogg Pond would be your best bet for meeting up with like-minded gals.

new york
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: lesbian beaches?

Hey thanks for the information i may have to check that out.

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lesbian beaches?

another place you might like for lunch is the "seafood shack" on baltimore avenue. they have an interesting selection of "po-boy" sandwiches, pretty good! and when i stopped in to get one to go, it seemed pretty lesbian-oriented.

Level Contributor
31 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: lesbian beaches?

how about a beach part for families so my kids don't have to see girls&girls holding hand or boys&boys holding hands?

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: lesbian beaches?

what's wrong with holding hands?

i happen to be straight myself, ...but my best girl friend of 45 years & i have been known to hold hands.

even in public. even in restaurants, when overcome by nostalgia. and we are both very married, to men.

just tell the kids they're good friends who feel affectionate toward each other....if the kids even notice.

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: lesbian beaches?

and if you're really worried about it, stay in the middle. "poodle beach" (the queen street area) is on the south side of rehoboth, and obviously the "ladies" area is on the north.