We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 lb maltese welcome in Rehoboth Beach?

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
ny
1 post
Save Topic
5 lb maltese welcome in Rehoboth Beach?

Anyone know of a nice place my family can stay that will welcome our little maltese? He behaves better than any child I know. He weighs 5 lbs and sleeps in his own little bed. He is really well trained and would not be any problem. We like Rehoboth Beach but we're having a hard time finding a place to stay. He goes everywhere with us. He would NEVER be alone in a room. We are looking to stay pretty close to the beach...any ideas? Thanks.

Rehoboth Beach
10 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: 5 lb maltese welcome in Rehoboth Beach?

Yes! the pup would be welcome at the Breakers or at the Homestead B&B outside of town. Lots of folks bring their best friends. Dogs can stroll through town and most merchants leave water outside. Many places have biscuits. The dogs are NOT allowed on the beach or boardwalk...there is even a day care place just outside town called Doggies at the beach,,,

Level Contributor
601 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: 5 lb maltese welcome in Rehoboth Beach?

Down town dewy or downtown rehoboth ,can you bring dogs to stroll and I heard that dewy beach is a beach you can have dogs on at night and first thing in the morning before people come, is that correct

Brandywine Valley...
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 5 lb maltese welcome in Rehoboth Beach?

From Beach Regulations at townofdeweybeach.com:

2. No person shall permit a dog or other animal to be on the beach between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. during the summer season.

Not sure what "summer season" is. Call 1-877-227-6331 (toll free) for the specifics.

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: 5 lb maltese welcome in Rehoboth Beach?

"Down town dewy or downtown rehoboth ,can you bring dogs to stroll"

absolutely! there are people walking dogs galore, especially in rehoboth. just stay off the boardwalk during "the season".

to be honest, i can't remember exactly what dates define the summer season , but in practice, people in dewey take their dogs on the beach any time the lifeguards aren't there.

one other thing...in dewey, you need to get a license for your dog. take proof of vaccination to the town hall. when i bought mine, they were $5 & they're good for the life of the dog.

i've never been asked to show mine, but it's a pretty hefty fine if you DO get asked & don't have one.

15. Re: 5 lb maltese welcome in Rehoboth Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, September 17, 2009