We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Bellevue St Dewey Beach DE rental, anyone know anything?

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Sugar Grove, PA
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
1 Bellevue St Dewey Beach DE rental, anyone know anything?

I found this vacational rental on craigslist, I'm interested, but worried it could be a scam. How do I know?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 Bellevue St Dewey Beach DE rental, anyone know anything?

It can be hard to know. Some questions to ask yourself:

1. Does the price seem to good to be true?

2. Is availability listed for every week of the summer? If it is, that might be at tip off as most places are rented for most weeks during the summer.

If you are willing, find a good Realtor in the area who deals with rental properties. A list can be found at http://www.beach-fun.com/Real-Estate

Before we settled in with a rental from a friend, we used both Crowley and Prudential. We were happy both times. Using the Realtor will ensure you rent a legitimate place that meets your needs and budget. It also gives you someone to call when the garbage disposal backs up in the middle of the cleaning up from dinner!

Just my 2 cents on these types of rentals

dctravel

Sugar Grove, PA
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 Bellevue St Dewey Beach DE rental, anyone know anything?

Thanks dctravel! I was really hoping it was legit since it seemed perfect for us...maybe too perfect. Last night they told me they wanted the money by money gram. No, thank you!

Brandywine Valley...
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 Bellevue St Dewey Beach DE rental, anyone know anything?

kassy, when you posted this I tried to do a little research on the address and came up empty. I think you are VERY smart to eliminate this as a possibility given the moneygram stipulation.

4. Re: 1 Bellevue St Dewey Beach DE rental, anyone know anything?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, October 02, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Dewey Beach