We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gallagher

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Millsboro, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Gallagher

He's at the Bay Center Saturday at 8:00 PM. I believe he's bringing the beloved "Sledge-A-Matic"; first four rows are provided with "poly" shield. Consider dinner at Port before the show.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gallagher

Didn't he just have a heart attack on stage a few weeks ago?

Millsboro, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gallagher

WOW, didn't know that!

Just surfed, and it happened March 10 in Rochester, MN; he "collapsed on stage" - during the "Sledge-A-Matic" routine no less - and a doctor from the audience administered first aid until the ambulance arrived.

The Show Goes On.

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
1,213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gallagher

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I used to love Gallagher as a kid. Doesn't look like tickets are completely sold out yet. Wonder IF you can buy at the door OR IF you have to purchase ahead to time??

It doesn't really say on the website: http://www.comedyatthebeach.com/

Again, Thanks for the info!

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
1,213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gallagher

Ferd,

Just wanted to say thanks again. We ended up going to the show & had a blast.

Thanks!

Millsboro, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,365 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gallagher

We were there, too. How about his proactive approach to the rowdies (forgive me, but I have to use "AH's" to describe them) near the bar? It was gratifying to see the one guy ousted (complete with double digits to G.).

There were a lot of kids in the audience, and I was surprised at the adult content of the jokes for that audience. IE: Multiple lesbian jokes - "Why can't a lesbian lose weight? Because you can't eat Jenny Craig with Elizabeth Arden on your face". There were multiple four letter words too.

Having said that, we laughed like hyenas and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Even caught some debris a few times when I didn't pull the poly up quick enough.

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
1,213 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gallagher

Ferd,

I loved how Gallagher handled the rowdies. I also loved how the audience started singing Steam's "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye". I was not impressed with the show of double digits from the rowdie though. Poor Gallagher...just trying to put on a good show! I felt bad...a few bad eggs kinda made us "locals" look bad.

I was not suprised with the content of the jokes. Gallagher never was a PG-13 comedian. He always did have some adult humor. Plus, he did say he tailors his routine to the area he is visiting...which would explain the large amount of gay, lesbian & pick-up truck jokes. I didn't take any of it to heart....just a comedy routine with some shock value. But, I'm not sure I will look at a jar of peanut butter, a can of fruit cocktail or a can of pumpkin the same way again. :)

We also laughed our butts off. We had a blast. We will forever use the spoon-fork reference! We too were up front in the front row, but on the side section. Got hit with some cottage cheese & spaghetti O's, but the poly plastic served me well!

Thanks again. I'm soooo glad we went. It was well worth the money.

7. Re: Gallagher

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, October 26, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Dewey Beach