We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scrap's AKA Dewey Beach Club

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Millsboro, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,369 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Scrap's AKA Dewey Beach Club

Went there yesterday afternoon, they opened to the public Friday night. It's a wonder what a coat of paint and some white tablecloths will do: It looked entirely different inside, much brighter. They have moved the partition at the bar, there's more space in the bar and fewer tables in the Dining Room. Restrooms have been redone, and a large fish tank is coming (!!!).

The menu is temporary, to be replaced by the "real" menu in "two weeks". Prices look to be a little higher for the same things (burgers, with more toppings available - at $1.50 per - and pulled pork sandwich).

I had the pulled pork with a side of baked beans, if I'd kept my eyes closed it could have been the good old DBC. Wife had the Scrap's salad, which was OK; she also had a conch fritter, was not impressed.

Cocktail at the bar was $6.00 for a large, full, blue (!!!) manhattan glass, seemed to be at least as good a deal as before comparing the volumes.

Melissa is managing, Sheila was tending bar and Chris was cooking (all DBC staffers back in the day). Several DBC regulars were at the bar.

"Scrap's" is a dog, not in evidence; didn't read his bio.

Brandywine Valley...
Level Contributor
1,757 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scrap's AKA Dewey Beach Club

Ferd, good to know the location is once again operating and has some of the old crew. We'll undoubtedly get there in the next couple months.

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scrap's AKA Dewey Beach Club

brighter is good...i never wanted to go there in the summertime, because it was so dark .....but winter-time it was always fine....

anyplace named after a dog is fine with me!

3. Re: Scrap's AKA Dewey Beach Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:45 am, November 06, 2009