We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Beach Restaurant and Bayside Bar

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
Which Dewey Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
North Beach Restaurant and Bayside Bar

I have to say I've only been here once, this past Saturday (6/21/08) but it is hard to get a handle on this place. In a town surrounded by many large, packed bars this place was almost empty the entire night. Even when the band showed up, it was pretty empty. Is this typical for this bar?

My three friends and I did have a great time though as we met four beautiful, fun, smart women (whose names will remain anonymous-except "Bad Anna")as we were about to leave. I hope you recovered from the shots!

The location was fantastic with a great view of the bay and the outdoor bar was great. It was just strange that the crowd was so small.

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Beach Restaurant and Bayside Bar

we don't eat out that often....but last time we had dinner at northbeach with two other couples (summer of 2007) the place was pretty well packed.

you just never know.

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North Beach Restaurant and Bayside Bar

but i DO know i'm going to have to tease my neighbor about this one...(her name is anna LOL)

wonder if her husband knows she's become known as "bad anna" :D

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North Beach Restaurant and Bayside Bar

Northbeach has always been one of our favorites for the setting...can't really rave about their food or prices but you can't beat the view at sunset.

We have noticed they sometimes don't do much of a business until the sun is down, but have seen droves of party-hardies descend on the place about 9pm.

I will have to keep an eye out for "Bad Anna."

New Jersey
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North Beach Restaurant and Bayside Bar

Thank you for the information. I guess it was one of those slow Sat. nights. Did I break the rule "What happens in Dewey, stays in Dewey" by revealing her first name? Uh oh. Just kidding, good clean fun was had by all

Brandywine Valley...
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North Beach Restaurant and Bayside Bar

Did I just read that some of Highway One's properties, including North Beach, have for the first time imposed a cover charge? If so, that could be the explanation.(Can't find the article, so don't quote me.)

maryland
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: North Beach Restaurant and Bayside Bar

wythany, i didn't see that...which means absolutely nothing, as i'm sure you know!

would that be a cover charge for just drinking & the music? i can't imagine they'd charge a cover for people who are having dinner.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: North Beach Restaurant and Bayside Bar

We got there just before 10:00PM and there was no cover (and a band was playing!), maybe they charged a cover after 10PM or 11PM. I can't imagine anyplace would charge a cover if you dine there.

8. Re: North Beach Restaurant and Bayside Bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, October 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Dewey Beach