We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Father's Day Restaurant

In cooperation with: Delaware Tourism Office
New York
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Father's Day Restaurant

I know it's early but my husband and two boys (4 and 2) will be in Bethany Beach for Father's Day 2008 and I need some good restaurant ideas. Do most places take reservations? I'm assuming the restaurant scene will be crazy, so i fugure planning ahead can't hurt. We can't go too upscale because my boys are...well, boys, but I do want good food!

thanks for any input!

Rehoboth Beach, DE
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Father's Day Restaurant

There are many restaurants to choose from in the Bethany area just right for a family special dinner. If you want a view, Mango's is right on the boardwalk and is on the second floor so you can look out over the beach. Just there is also Bethany Blues BBQ. Magnolias is just in Ocean View - not far.

Another option is right on Coastal Highway - the Cottage Cafe. Lots of menu choices and very family friendly. There are several new ones I haven't yet tried, mostly all on Rte 26 - Fat Tuna, Steakhouse 26 and several others newly built or being built as we speak. Development on Rte 26 is big now - a new Harris Teeter grocery store etc. etc.

Down in Fenwick Island, Harpoon Hanna's is right on the water and up in the Rehoboth/Dewey/Lewes area you have loads to choose from.

Father's Day is in the middle of June so its right when the area is kicking up to high for the season. Reservations would be advised - but not every place takes them.

New York
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Father's Day Restaurant

Thanks, Piper, for all the info! I'll look into your suggestions.

Brandywine Valley...
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Father's Day Restaurant

If you like crabs, Fenwick Crab House is a great, family-friendly spot.

NJ
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Father's Day Restaurant

Fat Tuna on 26 is the best in Bethany for All around Great Food, Incredible service, and a good time... We found it two years ago, and no trip to Bethany is complete without eating there at least twice... We usually hang around for some of the great entertainment they have on their huge outdoor patio, they have two bars one inside and one outside... Probably the busiest place in the Bethany area, even though it's actually in Millville..

5. Re: Father's Day Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, September 21, 2009