We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trumball, CT

In cooperation with: Connecticut Office of Tourism
new york
Level Contributor
286 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Trumball, CT

Does anyone know which international airport is closest to Trumball CT?

(La Guardia, JFK, etc)

7 replies to this topic
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,723 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trumball, CT

LaGuardia is closer than JFK.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
124 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trumball, CT

Closer in terms of mileage or time? Mileage - Laguardia; Time - depending on traffic, most likely Bradley.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trumball, CT

Bradley Airport-- Ct./ Mass.

It is however --a connection airport in many respects.

Traveling in the states GREAT most cases.

Traveling International many times a connection airport to Carolina / Chicago ECT. !

Connecticut
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trumball, CT

Minor note it is Trumbull named after Jonathan Trumbull, Connecticut Govenor, Statesman and supplier of critical supplies and services to General Washington and the First Continental Army. He lived 1710-1785 give or take a few years. Trumbull has a population of 34000 and is the epitome of a "bedroom community" with no downtown to speak of: it is a reasonably priced, safe town with good schools, excellent parks etc. and a golf course. All in all a "diamond in the rough" largely because the towns around it have downtowns; however, there are other more expensive towns adjacent to it e.g. Easton.

Now, as far as airports anytime you can use Bradley Airport for ***anything*** international or not you should leap at it. Absolutely everything is easier, cheaper, safer-saner there than either LaGuardia or JFK. JFK to Trumbull is no walk in the park-probably two hours (to the rest of your life) but no question you will have the greatest array of flights, fewest connecting flights, best fares, best choices for international travel. LaGuardia has become increasingly capable of handling all routes domestic and international and would be the airport most people would end up using for travel of various kinds of trips. Oftentimes you might fly out of LaGuardia if an airline is running a special deal of some kind. It's the kid brother to JFK but not by much anymore-(figure an hour and a half travel). Bradley is an hour and fifteen minutes drive from Trumbull.

You can take the airport limo service from any of them or even the train in some form or combination with the limo but the net net is Bradley if possible will save you your sanity. Some people even use Newark NJ for international travel 2+ hours and Westchester County Airport (45 minutes) is great as a connector or for travel in its own right. The moral to the story is if you can stay away from either of the two big NYC airports that would be wise but if you do use them give yourself more time door to door to get there than you would even in your wildest dream-or nightmare. I know we're biased but air travel in NY-CT is not what it used to be.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trumball, CT

The NY airports are closer in distance maybe.. but it is much easier to travel from Bradley in Windsor Locks CT.. Just my opinion.

new york
Level Contributor
286 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trumball, CT

Thanks to everyone who answered.

I will be arriving from Tel Aviv and need to get to Trumbull and then to Rochester, NY (that part maybe by car), so I think I would only be able to fly into JFK or La Guardia. I usually fly from int'l airport to Rochester, but this time, need to go first to Trumbull.

Anyway, thanks to all you knowledgeable people who took the time to answer. especially Chillsgone.

Shelton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
17 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trumball, CT

Now that we know where you are coming from, I think you would have to fly into New York, as Bradley is not quite that international. The ride from JFK or LGA to Trumbull is about 1 hour, 15 minutes without any traffic. Times without traffic are rare! And note the drive from Trumbull to Rochester is about 6 hours so it might be worth your time to drive from Trumbull to JFK and look for a flight to Rochester.

Reply to: Trumball, CT
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Trumbull
Recent Conversations