We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

if your car breaks down in the Stamford area

In cooperation with: Connecticut Office of Tourism
Which Stamford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
N.Y.
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
if your car breaks down in the Stamford area

Had an unfortunate mess while driving home from Boston. Car broke down while I was driving solo. Road side assistance hauled me to Scotty's. They saved my vacation. Originally they were going to keep it over the weekend. And I would have had to drive back from Long Island to get my car. I think they took one look at my haggerd expression and stayed open and worked for 3 hours to fix it for me so that I could resume my trip and get home. They were friendly, professional, extremely honest and my car purred like a kitten when I left. Who could ask for more. Keep them in mind. Safe travels all

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
589 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: if your car breaks down in the Stamford area

Very Nice people are in Connecticut!!!! I got locked out of my car a few years ago with a toddler at a rest stop not too far from Stamford, and in less than 20 minutes I was on my way on a late Sunday night. Hats off to you good people!!!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: if your car breaks down in the Stamford area

Thanks for sharing your story. Very good to know..

3. Re: if your car breaks down in the Stamford area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:41 pm, June 20, 2013