We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at the train station

In cooperation with: Connecticut Office of Tourism
Boston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Parking at the train station

I am going to NYC for a long weekend - Friday to Sunday afternoon

Is there free parking at the train station? Which garage should I use if there is no free parking?

Mentioned in this post
Connecticut
Level Contributor
124 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at the train station

There is no free parking at the station. The garage near the station cost $9 per day. Most parking anywhere near the station is either metered or would carry the risk of being towed.

You could park at either Glenville or Springdale station for just $3 per day; but train service to these stations on the weekend is very limited.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at the train station

Thanks! The garage near the station sounds great! What street is it on and does it have a name?

Stamford...
Level Contributor
845 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at the train station

This is an earlier thread where someone gave the contact information for the garage:

tripadvisor.com/…28529703

I don't know what street it's on, but it's right there at the station, almost impossible to miss. The station itself straddles the train tracks - it's elevated above them. On one side of the tracks is the highway, on the other is the garage with just the road between them for dropping off & picking up.

Just pull up "stamford train station" on google maps and zoom in to see it.

4. Re: Parking at the train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, October 06, 2012