We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed or eaten at Stonehenge Inn, Ridgefield?

In cooperation with: Connecticut Office of Tourism
Westchester Co, NY
1 post
Save Topic
Anyone stayed or eaten at Stonehenge Inn, Ridgefield?

We are looking for somewhere nice to stay for one night in Ridgefield in July where we can eat also. Any comments on Stonehenge over The Elms? Favorite light lunch spot? Any place to swim nearby? Thanks.

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed or eaten at Stonehenge Inn, Ridgefield?

I was hoping you would get feedback on Stonhenge as i was curious as well, but since you are still waiting I will jump in with the info I have. As I stated I haven't stayed or eaten at Stonehenge, those I know who have eaten there have given it positive comments as a "special occasion" location. We have eaten regularly at the Elms and enjoy it; however, when we put over night guest up there, they were disappointed in their room, saying it was not quaint or period at all. Just dated hotel furnishing, acoutic tile ceilings etc. Not what I was hoping for. We have also put up guests at the West Lane Inn : www.westlaneinn.com and rec'd positive feedback on the room, innkeeper, and breakfast. It does not have a full service restaurant, but it is right next door to Bernards Inn which has very good reputation (even the NY times gave it a positive review). The Bernards Inn does not book rooms. www.bernardsinn.com. Both the Elms, and West Lane Inn are closer to Main St shops than Stonehenge, but that is also an easy drive. I have never had need to check out swimming, but there is Martin Park Beach, and Parks and Rec has an active swimming program. I think non residents can get a pass. Check out :http://www.ridgefieldct.org for some information. The Ridgefield Playhouse has interesting performances, sometimes movies or comedians in a recently restored venue. Enjoy your time here in CT

2. Re: Anyone stayed or eaten at Stonehenge Inn, Ridgefield?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, August 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Ridgefield
More Ridgefield Topics