We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Guardia airport to New Haven

In cooperation with: Connecticut Office of Tourism
Which New Haven hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria
Level Contributor
136 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
La Guardia airport to New Haven

Hi -- we're (husband and I) flying into (and from) La Guardia Airport for an upcoming visit to New Haven. No good flights into closer airports (like Bradley or Tweed). What's the most reliable, convenient, and reasonable (cost-wise) way to do so? Have heard of Prime Time Shuttle and Connecticut Limo. If anyone has used either of these services, or have other advice, please share. Thanks.

chicago
Level Contributor
20 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: La Guardia airport to New Haven

some people take a public (queens) bus to the harlem stop on the metro north line. I have never done that. That is the least expensive way.

New Haven...
Level Contributor
263 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: La Guardia airport to New Haven

If you haven't already conducted your trip, do as followed for the most cost efficient option.

1. After buying a Metro Card at Baggage Claim in LGA, Head to Bus stop outside of baggage claim and take the M60 Bus to 125th street.

2. Get off at the stop across the street from the Pathmark

3. Walk a block up to the 125th Metro North Station.

In total, round trip will cost you $37.50 ($32.50 roundtrip for the train ride off-peak and $5.00 round trip for the bus to and from LGA).

I do it all the time and outside of somebody dropping me off to the airport, this is the way to go. Be advised though that the buses does get extremely crowded, so if you have a lot of luggage it could be a pain of a commute.

Victoria
Level Contributor
136 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: La Guardia airport to New Haven

Thanks to all for your advice and suggestions! Hopefully, we'll get to New Haven and back without too many problems!

14. Re: La Guardia airport to New Haven

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 08, 2015